+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

film The Evolution and True History of FUE Hair Transplants

Spencer Kobren and Joe Tillman have an in-depth discussion on the painfully slow evolution, and acceptance of FUE hair transplant surgery, including the truth behind much of the online hype that damaged so many in […]

More...
    Last edited by Winston; 01-13-2015 at 02:59 PM.

That was a great show! I really enjoy hearing all of the inside baseball stuff that you guys talk about. I also think that is makes sense that the ARTAS or something like it will eventually replace the older way of doing hair transplants. I really enjoyed watching this! you know I've been listening since you were in New York, and everything you have predicted on your show has come true. I just hope we will eventually have unlimited donor so these robots can give us a full head of hair!

Is Dr. Woods even practicing anymore? You never hear anything about him. For Spencer to say that Woods invented modern day hair transplantation is a big deal, I guess he respects him a lot, but it does seem strange that you don’t hear anything about him much. I guess sometimes the real pioneers get stepped over by people who are smarter at marketing. Every time I check out a doctors website they claim to have invented FUE or some form of it, which I know is impossible. I agree with the idea that robots will eventually take over, it seems like the natural progression of this type of surgery. If they really work, I would imagine that it would be safer overall like Spencer indicates it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    Is Dr. Woods even practicing anymore? You never hear anything about him. For Spencer to say that Woods invented modern day hair transplantation is a big deal, I guess he respects him a lot, but it does seem strange that you don’t hear anything about him much. I guess sometimes the real pioneers get stepped over by people who are smarter at marketing. Every time I check out a doctors website they claim to have invented FUE or some form of it, which I know is impossible. I agree with the idea that robots will eventually take over, it seems like the natural progression of this type of surgery. If they really work, I would imagine that it would be safer overall like Spencer indicates it might be.
    Spencer has said that countless times on his show over the years. He always says the Dr. Woods was the real inventor of FUE and that he was a great doctor who really cared for his patients. I once heard Dr. Woods on TBT and it sounded like he was a really cool guy. He was having it out with some other doctor who called in, I can’t remember who it was, but Woods put him in his place. It was funny. Maybe he’s retired now?