+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry 27 yo, what NW am I? How to get hairline design? Is wig an option? What else to do?

I have enclosed pics from the earliest I could find documenting my hair loss progression.

17 Dec 2013 pics
    13 Oct 2014 pics
    5 Dec 2014 pics
    13 Jan 2015 pics

I aim to be a fitness model and will need perfect hair for that.

Which NW am I now would you say?

Can HT restore hair to the indicated hairline design in last image? What would be the amount of grafts required? 2000? 3000? I don't need super thick hairline, just good enough to frame my face and enough for Toppik to stick. I am currently not using any concealers. Can they even hide recessed temples?

Is a partial wig an option?

What more can I do to save my hair?

I see that in corners hairline keeps receding no matter what I do. The hair there is getting sparse and miniaturised.

My current regimen:
    • 1 Avodart tablet daily
    • 2.5 mg Finasteride daily
    • Biotin vitamins EOD
    • Nizoral combined with Hair Stabil shampoo 3x a week
    • Hair stabil tonic 3x a week
    • Kirkland Minoxidil 5% ED
    • RU 100mg combined with 2 ML of Neogenic daily.

Thinking of adding oral minoxidil again.

Final question: why are the drugs not working? I am buying them from apothecary with prescription and everything. They are not from the internet.

Well i cannot reply for all the questions you asked for ,bu here's my two cents
    i had hair like yours when i was 20-21 : the pattern i see in the last picture is looking like mine,when i started losing them.
    Greasy as ****,dandruff and whatever. I took propecia with no avail and generic minoxidil
    You can see the results i got after a transplant and skipped the drug due to sides in other posts i did

i dont wanna to sound rude or whatever but the reason you are losing temples and all the area around is that probably you will save just a small circle of hair in the middle of the head,the rest is gonna die soon. Probably the drugs you're taking are not enough or maybe they're fighting each other with no real reason aside your body chemistry

A wig? try it. I dont know anything about modeling but i can assure you this - if you go bald,people will look at you and interact with you differently : the big difference is IF YOU HAVE a nice face that suits with a bald head. Otherwhise you're pretty much ****ed

2,5 mg Finasteride are going to have the same effect as 1mg daily. I guess you just splitt the pill in half since you buy the 5mg version, I would try to give the original a chance. But then again, I suppose you need to take other supplements as a fitness model, that are pretty much the worst thing you can do to your hair. If you are close to become a well known fitness model you are probably on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex88 View Post
    Well i cannot reply for all the questions you asked for ,bu here's my two cents
    i had hair like yours when i was 20-21 : the pattern i see in the last picture is looking like mine,when i started losing them.
    Greasy as ****,dandruff and whatever. I took propecia with no avail and generic minoxidil
    You can see the results i got after a transplant and skipped the drug due to sides in other posts i did

i dont wanna to sound rude or whatever but the reason you are losing temples and all the area around is that probably you will save just a small circle of hair in the middle of the head,the rest is gonna die soon. Probably the drugs you're taking are not enough or maybe they're fighting each other with no real reason aside your body chemistry

A wig? try it. I dont know anything about modeling but i can assure you this - if you go bald,people will look at you and interact with you differently : the big difference is IF YOU HAVE a nice face that suits with a bald head. Otherwhise you're pretty much ****ed
    Did you read my regimen? Who goes bald on those drugs? Do you know anyone with a stronger regimen?

Inactive

First off, receding or not, you have a great head of hair. I've never been able to pull that style off due to the nature/texture of my hair - so in that regard, I envy you.

Regarding your hair loss/Norwood level, it looks to me like you're still in the Norwood 3 ballpark (though I can't see your crown to see if it's thinning there or not... doesn't appear to be). My first thought given that you're a fitness model is if you're taking supplements to increase your DHT/testosterone levels. If this is the case, I wonder if it's possible that it's offsetting the results of the Propecia, whose job is to decrease the DHT levels. Also, if you constantly wear your hair pulled back in a ponytail of sorts, this alone can attribute to the thinning in the hairline area. You see this often with girls who constantly have their hair pulled back in tight ponytails. It's not that it's "thinning" in the traditional sense, but just the constant pull backwards puts added stress on the hair/hairline... I believe the medical term for this is "traction alopecia". Just some food for thought.

I think it's also a good idea to meet with a hair transplant surgeon to get their expert opinion on the matter and have them run some diagnostics on you. If you can figure out how to stabilize the hair loss now, a hair transplant could then be a possible option for you.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

nothing will give you more hair at this point

you need a HT

Regarding your hair loss/Norwood level, it looks to me like you're still in the Norwood 3 ballpark (though I can't see your crown to see if it's thinning there or not... doesn't appear to be). My first thought given that you're a fitness model is if you're taking supplements to increase your DHT/testosterone levels.
    To be honest, I am educated on that part. I am not taking anything apart from protein powder. My testosterone is naturally high and taking Dutasteride made it even higher, but when I got the bloodwork done, my DHT was extremely low, so it means these drugs are working on reducing DHT.

Also, I'm not a fitness model. I'm aiming to be one. My body is close to fitness model standards. And it's all natural, too. I have never taken steroids.

Also, if you constantly wear your hair pulled back in a ponytail of sorts, this alone can attribute to the thinning in the hairline area.
    This is a valid thing, but I don't have it tightly pulled back. I only put a hair band to manage my hair, it's not tight, nor do I pull hard. My hair is not long enough for ponytails.

I think it's also a good idea to meet with a hair transplant surgeon to get their expert opinion on the matter and have them run some diagnostics on you. If you can figure out how to stabilize the hair loss now, a hair transplant could then be a possible option for you.
    I have had consultations with all top hair loss surgeons in the world. The thing is, I am still not 30 and it doesn't make sense to do a HT if I keep receding like this. You can only do a HT once you stabilise and it's recommended to do it after 30 years of age.

nothing will give you more hair at this point

you need a HT
    I know and I will be getting one. I just wanted something to prevent even more hair loss. No point in getting HT if you are going to recede further.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalpology View Post
    Did you read my regimen? Who goes bald on those drugs? Do you know anyone with a stronger regimen?
    yes i did. and well.... not every drug is good for everybody man. That means again - body chemistry : maybe one drug is just not suited to be used with another or you can't simply take them all together

to make an example i cant take finasteride and minoxidil, but nizoral and minoxidil did better than the first two combined
    everyone is different

and no i dont know anyone with a stronger regimen,sorry i cant help

Quote Originally Posted by Alex88 View Post
    yes i did. and well.... not every drug is good for everybody man. That means again - body chemistry : maybe one drug is just not suited to be used with another or you can't simply take them all together

to make an example i cant take finasteride and minoxidil, but nizoral and minoxidil did better than the first two combined
    everyone is different
    I understand. I did blood tests and my DHT was extremely low. When I increased my FIN and DUT dosage, my DHT got even lower. So it means for me, increasing dosage, worked in regards to reducing DHT. I haven't heard about these drugs making hair worse. I can't imagine what my hair would be like without these drugs. I'd probably be a NW4 by now.