+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scalpology View Post

Is a partial wig an option? What more can I do to save my hair? I see that in corners hairline keeps receding no matter what I do. The hair there is getting sparse and miniaturised.

My current regimen:
    • 1 Avodart tablet daily
    • 2.5 mg Finasteride daily
    • Biotin vitamins EOD
    • Nizoral combined with Hair Stabil shampoo 3x a week
    • Hair stabil tonic 3x a week
    • Kirkland Minoxidil 5% ED
    • RU 100mg combined with 2 ML of Neogenic daily.

Thinking of adding oral minoxidil again.

Final question: why are the drugs not working? I am buying them from apothecary with prescription and everything. They are not from the internet.
    I personally don't believe a partial wig is an acceptable option in your case. Are there many advanced cases of male pattern baldness in your family? Often receding hairlines go to a point and stop. My brother in law for instance receded severely in his twenties and never went bald. Always had a strip of hair in the front with no thinning or hair loss in the back. Hair transplants will most likely be your best option. Be sure to avoid getting carried away with hairline placement. Some recession is normal for men and we have reversed overly aggressive hairlines here at Dr. Cole's clinic. It's much easier to gradually add hair than it is to remove an overly aggressive hairline.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

well he does have an impressive regimen as well so why not try HT?
    the only question for me is - will he keep his hair after the operation? for how long?
    having done one myself i can assure the guy that if he cant plan to maintain his regimen he's wasting his money
    this is the only worry i have

Did you read my regimen? Who goes bald on those drugs? Do you know anyone with a stronger regimen?
    You could try to add CB and Bimatoprost (buy powder from Kane and make your own solution or buy the 0.03% eyelash bottles)... However, CB is expensive and given your current regime I don't know whether you would really benefit from that and BIM is so expensive that it's just retarded to try that atm imo ($800+ for 1 gram, wp Kane).

Maybe some drugs don't work that effectively in your body. Have you ever measured your DHT levels to see how well fin and dut are actually working? Unfortunately you don't have a baseline to compare it with but you could still get a general idea I think.

My current regimen:
    • 1 Avodart tablet daily
    • 2.5 mg Finasteride daily
    • Biotin vitamins EOD
    • Nizoral combined with Hair Stabil shampoo 3x a week
    • Hair stabil tonic 3x a week
    • Kirkland Minoxidil 5% ED
    • RU 100mg combined with 2 ML of Neogenic daily.

Thinking of adding oral minoxidil again.

Final question: why are the drugs not working? I am buying them from apothecary with prescription and everything. They are not from the internet.
    Good to see that you have at least stopped taking minox orally, OverNW3.

Your hairline looks like it has improved on the finestaride.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex88 View Post
    well he does have an impressive regimen as well so why not try HT?
    the only question for me is - will he keep his hair after the operation? for how long?
    having done one myself i can assure the guy that if he cant plan to maintain his regimen he's wasting his money
    this is the only worry i have
    I will use this regimen for life. Probably increase it even more.

You could try to add CB and Bimatoprost (buy powder from Kane and make your own solution or buy the 0.03% eyelash bottles)... However, CB is expensive and given your current regime I don't know whether you would really benefit from that and BIM is so expensive that it's just retarded to try that atm imo ($800+ for 1 gram, wp Kane).
    Out of budget and out of time. I'm applying 3 topicals per day. I don't really have any time anymore for topical experimentals.

Maybe some drugs don't work that effectively in your body. Have you ever measured your DHT levels to see how well fin and dut are actually working? Unfortunately you don't have a baseline to compare it with but you could still get a general idea I think.
    Yes, I measured my DHT. It's very low.

I will use this regimen for life. Probably increase it even more.
    I would be very careful about even considering a HT in your case, for life is a very long time and you are quite young to make a life time commitment with a regime that looks clearly like an over kill.

To me you like like a stable NW2 with a some recession which will not improve too much with the available drugs however a simply mg of fin a day + Mix should keep you hair exactly the way its looks (which btw is more than fine) for a very long time

Its easy to get obsess with hair loss but adding every single drug available in the market will not necessarily make things better

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by efedrez View Post
    I would be very careful about even considering a HT in your case, for life is a very long time and you are quite young to make a life time commitment with a regime that looks clearly like an over kill.

To me you like like a stable NW2 with a some recession which will not improve too much with the available drugs however a simply mg of fin a day + Mix should keep you hair exactly the way its looks (which btw is more than fine) for a very long time

Its easy to get obsess with hair loss but adding every single drug available in the market will not necessarily make things better

Good Luck
    Well, I ordered Toppik. Maybe it can help me with the recessed corners. At this point I would not be doing a HT, however, I believe hair will continue receding with time and after 30 I will have no choice, but to get one in order to look presentable and youthful.