+ Reply to Thread

Default 25 years old and thinking of hairtransplant ( is it to early ?? )

Hey my hair line has been receding since i was 19 years old, now i am 25. I would just like to know if it is to early to get one.

I do not want to take propecia/ finasteride as im scared of the side effect ( my brother has been on some pills with the same side effects as propecia, and he suffered the side effect until he stoped taking them )

The dr i would like to do my transplant is dr koray erdogan ( as i have mentiont in a earlier post ) as i think the picture on his webside really looks natural. i would like to know if any of you has any experience with him ( maybe he has made a hair transplant on you ? )
    as im scared that the pictures on his side is maybe are to good to be true ?

Im sorry for the bad english i hope you would give me some feedback

No one who has any answers for this ? It would be a really big help !!

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

25 is generally considered too young to get a hair transplant. Do you have any severe hair loss on your father's or mother's side of the family?

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

My father is 47. he started losing his hair at the same age as me, he still has all his hair on his back head ( he has only lost his hair on the front of his head . it looks like the first mount on this picture http://www.belgraviacentre.com/wp-co...g-Hairline.jpg
    But my uncle has lost the most of his hair, and he is 49. But he has also been taking amphetamine for many years, so i do not know, if this could have anything to do with his hair loss

And thank you very much for your answer !!

Hi! I'm 24 and I had already undergone hair transplant. My mother is a doctor, a general surgeon, she searched for a clinic. I did not want get my hair cut, so first I was considering the FUT method. Also because it is otherwise a faster procedure. At first that is what I wanted as well, but my mother discouraged me. She told me that I would also need to return to the clinic for stitch removal. I honestly told her that I had not though about that before. Here in this county the FUE method procedure is rather expensive, and my scholarship is not enough to pay for that. On the other hand, I am on the opinion that I demand quality for my money, after about 2 weeks of searching, I found PHAEYDE's S.H.E. (Single Hair Extraction) method. I asked my mother, and she was the one who explained that if a piece of hair is extracted with a thinner needle, the skin cylinder will be smaller around the hair, meaning that my head will not be dotted in the back, in the front it can be implanted more densely, meaning that the transplanted area will appear more natural. After the procedure the donor area healed extra fast, in comparison with what I had read about others. I was told that it would take ca. 1 week, but after the 4th day, if I had not mentioned that I had hair transplantation, nobody would have noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by snowie View Post

I do not want to take propecia/ finasteride as im scared of the side effect ( my brother has been on some pills with the same side effects as propecia, and he suffered the side effect until he stoped taking them )
    A hair transplant doesn't stop your hair loss from getting worse (surgery can actually speed up hair loss - "telogen effluvium" or shock fallout). There's not enough donor supply to fully transplant a bald head, so you're better off if you can keep as much original hair as possible with Propecia or Dutasteride. You could try starting a lower dosage (every other day).

I don't understand the guys who think Propecia is less risky than permanent surgery. I think the surgery is more risky. But either way, Propecia can help if you still have some remaining hair.

I'm calling BS on Ryan24. Ummm, your Mom is a doctor but she said you would have to go back to get the stitches removed for FUT? Ummm so that's too difficult for her to do and she is a doctor?

Also, to eliminate that because you have to return, none of this adds up.

If you have the problem of hair loss from the age 19 then you have the problem of calcium you take the consult from the surgeon. it's normal to lose anywhere from 50 to 100 strands of hair per day. Although after 30 needed the hair transplantation, I do not think before that you need the hair transplantation.

What did your doctor say?