+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I don't blame you for being apprehensive. I would be the same way. I was always under the belief that the chance of sides is slim and if I did get sides I could just stop taking the drug. Taking that small risk was worth it to keep from going slick bald. The risk might not be worth it for you. I don't want to make it seem like I am forcing pills down your throat. Just try to get as much reliable information as possible and make the decision that is right for you.
    ^ Good advice. I will add that, when you start digging information about hair loss and treatments, things can be pretty overwhelming: there is a lot of stuff out there, thus a lot to dig through and often when you find information, it's an opinion or an anecdote. While the latter is not necessarily bad, you have to keep this in mind when reading things on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbwalker93 View Post
    Have you heard of the regenepure hair loss shampoo? It contains a substance called Ketoconazole which has been proven in scientific studies to slow hair loss?
    Yes, you can start using a product for ketaconazole, that's a good thing to add to your regime. Don't expect any wonders from it though, it's just an addition, something "extra"

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    ^ Good advice. I will add that, when you start digging information about hair loss and treatments, things can be pretty overwhelming: there is a lot of stuff out there, thus a lot to dig through and often when you find information, it's an opinion or an anecdote. While the latter is not necessarily bad, you have to keep this in mind when reading things on forums.

Yes, you can start using a product for ketaconazole, that's a good thing to add to your regime. Don't expect any wonders from it though, it's just an addition, something "extra"
    I'm not really expecting or even striving to achieve hair regrowth, just want to slower the process down through a product that'll work. Would ketaconazole be enough to achieve that goal you reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by Mbwalker93 View Post
    I'm not really expecting or even striving to achieve hair regrowth, just want to slower the process down through a product that'll work. Would ketaconazole be enough to achieve that goal you reckon?
    No, ketaconazole alone is not enough to stop or even slow down hair loss, its effect is very weak. Like I said, it's more of an addition your regime.