Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dash
    • Oct 2014

significant hair loss at young age

I am only 18 years old and have not even graduated from high school yet and have already began losing my hair. I started getting comments from people last year and this has continued. I really can't stand it. I understand that i am balding it is just an extremely tough reality to face especially because none of my peers can relate to this horrible experience. I have been using minoxidil for one month and have yet to see significant results. I have been going constantly to my barber to keep my hair short so my hair loss areas are less noticeable. I have also been wearing hats often but when i take the hat off i feel extremely self conscious. I plan on shaving my head completely but want to wait until i finish my first year of college but i honestly don't know if i can deal with this for another year and a half. I may be able to pull off the shaved look because I can grow facial hair well and wear glasses. I have significant hair loss on my vertex and temples and my hairline has receded significantly. I feel very alone in this struggle.
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

You are doing a good thing by using minoxidil. Give it some time and hopefully you can get some regrowth.

Comment

Working...