+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    I think they will definitely start in first half of this year, however this Phase 2 is make it or break it for Replicel.

This is an excerpt from the pdf:

Notice the bolded part: after 52 weeks (1 year) we will get the results for the Phase 2 data. That is when we will know how good RCH-01 really is. This is good. At least we won't be kept in the dark.

So expect results in H2 of 2016.

As for Shiseido I don't expect they will be forthcoming with news for the international scene. I think they will conduct their trials away from the public eye.
    Why do do think they won't be forthcoming? They could have kept it quiet but lately they've been very transparent and don't give vague answers in interviews like Cots did. They've been doing a lot of presentations and interviews and David Hall seems genuinely passionate and for once he is using the word cure without using verbal ju jitsu. I sincerely believe if this isn't a full on cure then it will at least stop further loss which would give people like me the option of an HT without longterm risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    I think they will definitely start in first half of this year, however this Phase 2 is make it or break it for Replicel.

This is an excerpt from the pdf:

Notice the bolded part: after 52 weeks (1 year) we will get the results for the Phase 2 data. That is when we will know how good RCH-01 really is. This is good. At least we won't be kept in the dark.
    So expect results in H2 of 2016.

As for Shiseido I don't expect they will be forthcoming with news for the international scene. I think they will conduct their trials away from the public eye.
    No hope to get it in H1 2016?
    Little bit disappointed.

The presentation said that the cells grow for 5 to 8 weeks. The more I know about this the more I think this is a cure. If its as good or better than fin in the first 6 months of the pilot study then Im impressed.

Even if Shiseido completes phase 2 trials, then what? Are they going to be able to set up clinics that can do the procedure? How are they going to handle the massive number of people that want this? And how can we think this will be affordable? This just seems so far away still.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Even if Shiseido completes phase 2 trials, then what? Are they going to be able to set up clinics that can do the procedure? How are they going to handle the massive number of people that want this? And how can we think this will be affordable? This just seems so far away still.
    In the last presentation they use procedures like botox to show how profitable it can be to mark it up. I don't think it'll be cheap but this isn't labor intensive like hair transplants are. You pay for biopsy, the labor it takes to culture, the matierials and the labor to give you the injections. I'm sure even if they mark it up 500% it should still be comparable to a hair transplant. Sheseido mearly licenced this, I think this will be like breast implants. Doctors will be able to form a career from this alone. There should be no shortage of labor. These are just my predictions but I really don't see how it could vary too much. Also Japan now allows you to commercialize DURING phase 2 as long as it has been given the proper testing. There is a lot of aggressive movement from the 4th largest cosmetic company in the world simply to get it out sooner.

The cost will be just so prohibitive. I've heard its going to be in the region of $30,000 for treatment.

a) they do not even have to complete phase 2
    b) it was said 3000 - 5000 dollar per procedure
    c) your doubts in term of space and number of customers are ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by sascha View Post
    a) they do not even have to complete phase 2
    b) it was said 3000 - 5000 dollar per procedure
    c) your doubts in term of space and number of customers are ridiculous
    Thanks! That allays my fears a bit, and I hope I'm being ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by brocktherock View Post
    Why do do think they won't be forthcoming? They could have kept it quiet but lately they've been very transparent and don't give vague answers in interviews like Cots did. They've been doing a lot of presentations and interviews and David Hall seems genuinely passionate and for once he is using the word cure without using verbal ju jitsu. I sincerely believe if this isn't a full on cure then it will at least stop further loss which would give people like me the option of an HT without longterm risks.
    Everything about Shiseido has been relayed by Replicel. Once the trials startthere is no guarantee that Shiseido will keep them in the loop until they are over, and that may last a year or two.

I hope for the same things you do. Effectiveness is the main problem, but as you say, if it could stop hair loss then it is still a game changer.

@Kudu
    In every business seeking profitability, increased demand brings increased supply.
    As for the price, yes it could be a bit steep especially if one will need repeated treatments. That is why we need to see its safety profile and effectivity.

Thanks! That allays my fears a bit, and I hope I'm being ridiculous.
    Sure man. Did you see this Kobe Research Cluster? It`s huge, they have money