+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default My 4 months Update

Greetings all,

I made this thread back in August 2014 and promised an update: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...ere&highlight=

I have stated that i have been shedding heavily and gonna start a regimen to halt my hair loss and maybe even regrow some hair back.

First of all, I would like to thank my dear friend Jazz who has helped me so much during this period.

Straight after I left the above thread, Jazz contacted me through a PM, then asked if he could call me. I was in London at that time. We spoke for more than an hour discussing treatments and expectations and got to know one another. I had an appointment at the time with the Belgravia Center.. He was well acquainted with them and even managed to get me a considerable discount on the items i purchased.

I was really concerned at the time about Propecia side effects. Jazz told me not to think about it and if it happens, with time, i will just ride through it and that it's mostly psychological...

We put forth a Regimen and i have followed it religiously ever since.

He is one of the kindest, most helpful and sincere people i got to know... We are always in contact and he has been following my progress ever since I commenced.

So my Jazz-inspired regimen goes as follows:

- Finasteride (0.5 mg EOD) No, I didn't not suffer from any sides.. I did notice a brain fog at first which subsided in no time (two weeks maybe?) I am planning on sticking with this dosage for the time being.

- Belgravia Minoxidil Liquid Solution which i apply every morning before heading to work or starting my day.

- Minoxidil Foam 5% which i apply after my shower at night.

- Once my hair is dry, I apply the Belgravia Minoxidil cream (12%) this also contains azelaic acid... I told Jazz at the time that i have noticed regrowth but not so much at the front and temples... So he advised me to add Tretinoin prior to the minoxidil cream... ever since, I noticed loads of tiny hairs on my temples.. (I started the Tretinoin like two months ago), hopefully they will go terminal.

- I use a laser helmet which I procured from OMG (400 diodes if I am not mistaken), 3 times a week for 20 min each session. I wanted to discontinue but Jazz advised me to keep it as part to my regimen. i do believe it has merit and i will keep using it.

- Nizoral Shampoo: twice a week

- Vitamins and Supplements: MSM, Vitamin A, C, D, E, B6, B12, Zinc, Biotin, Glucosamin Chondroitin... maybe i missed something

- Finally, the Divine Herbal oil which got included in my regimen since last week. It was recommended by Jazz and i read some great reviews about it. Maybe by itself the oil is useless, but i believe all of the above work in conjunction with each other.

One thing i believe i am missing and which i think it has some merit to it, is the dermarolling. I told Jazz that i have no time/willpower to add another treatment to such an extensive regimen. I do work from 9 till 6, I workout lightly every day, I have 3 kids... It is all so burdensome..maybe in the near future i will purchase a dermaroller..

Almost 5 months now since the inception of my regimen and my hair is thicker, fuller and stronger. I used to shed, no exaggeration, not less than 200 hairs a day... my hair was everywhere, in the shower, on the pillow, on the keyboard, goes in my food plates... Now i shed, but way less.

Worth mentioning that every month or so i notice a shed (lots of tiny hairs), but i notice it comes back thicker and stronger after the shed duration elapses.

Here are my before and after photos (I hope the link works, first time i use this):

http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/Ta...tml?sort=3&o=0

Please do note that a year prior to my regimen i had an FUE HT for around 1,000 grafts on my front line.

My ONLY regret is not starting this regimen earlier.

I hope i didn't omit anything.. Do ask me if you require any clarifications/information.

Once again Thank you Jazz for all your kind help and assistance.

I will come back with more photos in few months time, God willing, they will show even more progress.

Cheers everyone.

Looking good so far Tarikko! Please keep us updated on your progress. I am about to start a low dose finasteride regime myself after abstaining for many years. I too have been absolutely terrified of getting sides. After much research and deliberation I have decided to start on 0.25mg EOD and hopefully move up to 0.5mg EOD, if I remain side free. If there's even so much as a whiff of sexual sides, I will come off it. I am currently on Minoxidil/RU ED, Nizoral 3x per week. Just got another 10g of RU so hoping to get some decent regrowth and then maintain that with a low dose of fin. Have you thought about using RU? Good luck and hope your progress continues.

Hey bro thank you for the kind words it is what I enjoy doing best helping others as its only fair since the forums helped me during my depressed times.

I'm amazed at the difference and as I stated from day one when I first joined hairlosshelp 4 years back, Mark was 100% correct in synergistically treating hairloss. I hope you carry on gaining success and hopefully the oils will assist in thickening your vellus baby hairs .

Thank you again for the kind words, always here to help as I'm fed up people getting robbed by false advice and scammed by useless products .

Jazz, what is your personal opinion on these lower doses of fin? Do you believe it has a definitive impact on the chance of side effects? It appears the guys taking these lower doses are definitely less susceptible to sides than they are at the recommended dose of 1mg.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    Jazz, what is your personal opinion on these lower doses of fin? Do you believe it has a definitive impact on the chance of side effects? It appears the guys taking these lower doses are definitely less susceptible to sides than they are at the recommended dose of 1mg.
    All depends on each individual, when I first started treating MPB I had major sides at 1mg oral tablet. Even at 0.025mg I had side effects, but 0.025mg topical spray every 3rd gave me some side effects where I could still obtain erections and save my hair. Fast forward 5 years later I'm now on 1mg full every other day along with the topical lotion mixture I use and I'm doing superb .

Thank you Diffuseloser.

As I cited, my only and biggest regret is that I didn't start this 5 years earlier. I could have kept my front line and temples and wouldn't have needed an FUE.

All things happen for a reason and it is never too late i guess.

As Jazz said, some of the Finasteride sides are psychologically related.

Even before i started taking the pills, i was anxious and worried. Will i get ED, will i lose my libido, will i grow man boobs...

To overcome this, Jazz told me, even if they do occur, i will be able to ride through it and by a year's time, my body would have gotten used to it and eventually the sides will disappear.

I took the pills based on the premise that i will bear with the sides if they take place and given time they will disappear.

So this allayed my fears.

When i was in London during the past vacation, i forgotten my pill cutter. For the duration there i was taking a full pill... No sides were felt.

I think now i overcame this critical period, if there were any sides, they would have emerged by now.

Jazz, really brother, i have nothing but goodwill and respect towards you; God bless you...

Never did you fail to answer any of my messages or calls. You give everything with all your heart for nothing back in return. Wish more people like you are around.

Looking forward to meeting you in person next time in in the UK, shame it didn't happen this time

Thank you for the kind words brother, I made myself a promise from day one if I can help myself I would help others for free. My work was hectic this period, I will promise to meet you once you come back to the UK in Easter, seriously I can not thank you enough for the kind words, true gentlemen .

It is I who can't thank you enough Jazz!

I am looking forward bro, if not in Easter hopefully during summer. We are always visiting as my mother in law lives there.

Have a lovely day and catch you on Whatsapp!

Thanks Jazz, appreciate the info. For someone who has never taken fin before, what kind of dose and frequency would you guys recommend? I want to limit the chance of sides as much as possible while still being able to maintain. Does 0.25mg EOD sound like a good starting point to assess sides and efficacy? I will also look into topical fin. It's not something I have given any serious consideration to. Is it easy to get this in the UK? Hair loss is affecting my quality of life so I have decided to take the plunge with fin. I have weighed up the pros and cons and came to a decision.

You're welcome Tarikko. That's also a concern for me. I am trying to prep myself mentally before I start on fin because I know I am setting myself up for disaster if I go into this treatment extremely paranoid about side effects. I fully expect to get them if I have this kind of negative attitude but reading both your posts has given me some positivity. My hairline is okay, not great but I have diffuse thinning all on top and I'm hoping I will respond well to low dose fin like you have. I will keep you updated also if you are interested.

Thanks guys interesting posts and thanks for answering my questions.

Hey Diffuse m8,

I am certain Jazz can help you...

Maybe you can order some of the Topical Finasteride.. They come mixed with Minox, Biotin, Azelaic Acid... Jazz knows where to order them and there is a thread dedicated it.

I cannot use topical myself, it is too dangerous. I have kids and a wife in the house, and i don't want them to come into contact with it.

But start with the pill. Do not panic. Start with a low dosage, let's say 0.25mg every other day and work your way up. I am satisfied with 0.5 EOD and sticking with it at the time being.

See how it goes m8, worst thing you can just stop it anytime. Remember to taper it down before quitting completely.

I am here to answer any question you have, I am certain Jazz will oblige as well.