+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hey I will reply later on my iPad as it is difficult on my iPhone .

Thanks buddy, much appreciated.

You know, in my ignorance I never even thought about that. My girlfriend and I are trying to conceive at the minute so topical fin is also out of the question for me!

Thanks I'm definitely feeling a lot less reluctant and worried about it now. I actually can't wait to get started and actually feel like I'm doing something about my hair loss. If I could manage to thicken things up a bit I'd be dead happy and would be almost be back to the way it was in my early 20's. Hairline is not much of a concern for me, it's the diffuse thinning and shit looking hair that is the problem for me. If things thickened up a bit the temples wouldn't be so bad either. I can live with that.

Thanks I certainly won't be inundating you guys with a load of questions but good to know that I have a bit of support. Looking forward to hearing more about your progress in the coming months! Hopefully we will have some more options this year also.

Hey I totally forgot my friends party yesterday and now I'm going work, I will reply tonight in detail when I'm home .

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    Looking good so far Tarikko! Please keep us updated on your progress. I am about to start a low dose finasteride regime myself after abstaining for many years. I too have been absolutely terrified of getting sides. After much research and deliberation I have decided to start on 0.25mg EOD and hopefully move up to 0.5mg EOD, if I remain side free. If there's even so much as a whiff of sexual sides, I will come off it. I am currently on Minoxidil/RU ED, Nizoral 3x per week. Just got another 10g of RU so hoping to get some decent regrowth and then maintain that with a low dose of fin. Have you thought about using RU? Good luck and hope your progress continues.
    You sound like me. I took 1mg for a year of Propecia and had extremely disturbing sides. I stopped after a year with no positive effects on my hair and just a plethora of negative sides.

My hair has recently gotten to the point where Propecia was my only option left or settling for a Gillette razor and accepting my fate. Well, I refused to accept this curse. Got back on Propecia at 0.25mg every third day. At first I noticed the whole loss of erection in the morning and slight erection problems. I told myself to continue and they subsided and now I can't notice anything. My nipples were a big problem in the past at 1mg ED and I've been watching this closely. They have gotten every so slightly puffy but nothing like before at 1mg.

I'm tempted to increase my dose to 0.25mg EOD but don't want to break something that isn't broken. So will see. But it's definitely worth trying again and if you look at my posts I'm one of the biggest anti Propecia guys out there I just have nothing else that can save me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    I just have nothing else that can save me right now.
    Have you considered RU? You'd probably get sides of that too but at least it's way easier to dose

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    Looking good so far Tarikko! Please keep us updated on your progress. I am about to start a low dose finasteride regime myself after abstaining for many years. I too have been absolutely terrified of getting sides. After much research and deliberation I have decided to start on 0.25mg EOD and hopefully move up to 0.5mg EOD, if I remain side free. If there's even so much as a whiff of sexual sides, I will come off it. I am currently on Minoxidil/RU ED, Nizoral 3x per week. Just got another 10g of RU so hoping to get some decent regrowth and then maintain that with a low dose of fin. Have you thought about using RU? Good luck and hope your progress continues.
    Right reading this post if your not experiencing side effects on RU than I would consider carrying on. When I tried RU at 5% I had sexual sides, has your hairloss stabilised on RU? And how long have you been on this whole regime including minoxidil?

If you want to add finesteride I would seriously start on a very low dosage like 0.025mg every other or third day to see how you go.

I'm from the UK aswell .

@StayThick - Did your sides go away after you stopped the first time? I've never taken finasteride, but I am determined to beat this and I'm trying to find the right balance of treatments. I too have been against finasteride but clearly it does work and it's all we really have.

Have you seen any improvements in your hair at 0.25mg every third day? I have no experience with Propecia, but I think that you should stick with your current dose if it's working for you. Wouldn't make sense to increase the dose and possibly develop sides again.

@Jazz1 - Jazz, I have nothing bad to day about RU. I got on RU last year because I was a lot more comfortable using a topical treatment. Hairloss stabilised almost immediately and definitely had some serious thickening of existing hair after a month or so. This was also a low dose RU at 3.3%. It definitely works there's no doubt about that, but it is expensive. I've had no sides whatsoever. I've just made up another 3 month supply, this time at 4%. I've been using minoxidil for about 2 years now. It hasn't done a great deal of anything.

My plan is to really load up on RU for the next three months(no missed applications) with the hope of getting some serious thickness back. Then I want to maintain this using fin. Inflate the balloon then tie the knot so to speak. How would you recommend I get that super low dose of 0.025mg? I thought I was playing it safe at 0.25mg! Thanks Jazz.

Right, if your looking to go on Finesteride and stop RU than I would consider trying 0.025mg, as when I tired RU in KB solution at 5% I had sexual side effects. I personally beleive if you are looking to make the change you would probably be fine starting on 0.025mg. Start with the low dosage EOD, if after one month your ok you could slowly increase to 0.050mg and than finally take your full 1mg. I would also take it EOD rather than every day, it's still very effective and you save money.

If your looking for regrowth than the main goal is to set your regime first, me personally I would leave RU as last resort as I beleive it's more powerfull than FIN and DUT. Once you have stabilised your hairloss in your regime, than I can help to discuss options you could add ontop of your regime based on my own experience to help stimulate and regrow hair. I would also consider using a good brand Finesteride, I use Merck. Also do not switch brands once you start, and carry on with your minoxidl and nizoral.

I'm gonna use up this 10g of RU and start low dose fin as soon as it arrives. Generic 1mg from Inhouse which I will quarter with a pill cutter and use EOD. Didn't get any sides off RU and I'm hoping the same will apply for fin. Once the RU is gone I won't be ordering any more so I will be using the big 3 from then on out unless I can get my hands on some Bim.

Keep me posted how you go, start on a low dosage like 0.025mg you could push it to every 3rd see how you go.

If you can get some tretinoin, start with 0.05% which will help stimulate regrowth as it is cell regeneration.