+ Reply to Thread

Default 22 Year old 1mg Fin my story and begin of progress

Hello,

My name is Ben. I am 22 years old and have been this devastating disease of hair loss for maybe 3 years. Ive tried rogaine before and Finasteride but stopped for whatever reason, (I know bad idea). None the less I am on Finasteride 1mg now and have been for only 2 and a half months but feeling optimistic.

I do seem to suffer from one side of Fin however, the watery semen. I know this is quite alarming side but I am not too worried (maybe I should be?) about it because I am not trying to have kids at the moment. I am looking for any tips/ thoughts/ ideas as well as your own stories and hair loss regimes. I Guess I will post a couple pics now.. Im sorry my hair is quite horrendous and Im hoping someone on here can help me with it.

Anyway some other things to consider I don't know what I would be classified as under the norwood scale any ideas? Some other info about me I am roughly 5'10 200 pounds. Currently only taking Finasteride 1 mg but open definitely open to add to my daily routine. Trying to loose some weight and eat better and stop smoking pot (I've been smoking it like its going out of style for I guess the past 5 years).

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I really wish I had started this sooner I could have saved more hair but I am where I'm at now also considering micro pigmentation or even hair transplant what are your guy's thoughts on those two procedures?

Thanks,

Ben
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4065.jpg

Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	36950   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4066.jpg

Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	36951   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4069.jpg

Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	36952  

Really nothing? bump...

Quote Originally Posted by rb922 View Post
    I do seem to suffer from one side of Fin however, the watery semen. I know this is quite alarming side but I am not too worried (maybe I should be?) about it because I am not trying to have kids at the moment.
    I wouldn't be. It's got the most simple cause -> effect relationship of all the potential side effects you could get because you're shrinking the prostate, which produces a significant amount of what makes semen up. There are plenty of (anecdotal, admittedly) reports of it becoming less of an issue over time, too. I'm not on fin, but if I was that would probably be the one potential side effect I'd shrug off without a second thought.

That said, you're on fin, which is the main thing. You could consider going back on the regaine to support it, but that's up to you. Other than that, just keep doing what you're doing. There aren't exactly a wide variety of options for dealing with hair loss unless you want to mess around with experimental off-market drugs. The pictures show a fairly significant degree of loss on the top, but your hairline doesn't look bad at all (NW2 maybe? Doesn't look like a NW3 to me from the pics, but one taken from the front would make it easier to tell) which is a major plus.

So yeah, my personal opinion would be just to take more good quality pictures, keep the fin up for a year or so, then see where you stand then, unless you want to add rogaine into the mix. Wouldn't be thinking about transplants, etc. until after you've seen where you are then - they're REALLY not something to rush into, and if you get great results you're unlikely to need one anyway. Losing weight and cutting smoking definitely aren't going to hurt either, for more than just your hair.

(Also, this is a really slow moving forum, you're not usually going to get a reply in a couple of hours here, haha)

Well Thank you very much for the quick reply much appreciated. Also thank you for the comments on the pictures I took those in very harsh lighting conditions in the bathroom with my crown being directly under the light. You are right my hair line is actually pretty good still most people can't even tell I'm balding unless you are taller than me or I happen to bend over.

So I am thinking of making the following my first defence against my hair loss open to any suggestions but so far this is what I'm thinking of doing. First of all continue taking Fin 1mg daily, Regaine or Minox X2 daily, Biotin and a one a day multivitamin, Nizoral 1%, a couple times per week and maybe some hair and nail regrowth pills?

I will be sure to take better pictures in a couple months time to show my progress and take one of the hairline front better. Anyway thanks again for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by rb922 View Post
    First of all continue taking Fin 1mg daily, Regaine or Minox X2 daily, Biotin and a one a day multivitamin, Nizoral 1%, a couple times per week and maybe some hair and nail regrowth pills?
    I wouldn't expect anything other than the fin, minox and maybe nizoral to do anything there, but you could take them if you wanted to. They won't do you any harm at the very least, just burn a larger hole in your wallet. Any contribution to fighting hair loss nizoral has seems to be minimal at best, but it's been used as a shampoo in fin clinical trials and I seem to recall reading that it worked well with it - just as long as you don't use it too much. 1% a couple of times a week should be fine. It's generally regarded as being part of the Big 3 though, so I think a lot of people here use it.

There's no scientific evidence that hair and nail pills have any effect on hair regrowth, they're more for making healthy hair grow faster, which if anything might just serve to draw attention to the top and make you need haircuts more. It's not like it'd harm you by taking them though, I just wouldn't expect them to do anything useful. Pretty sure there was a thread on here at one point where loads of people took biotin and didn't get any real results from that either.

But yeah, seems like you're up for trying the minoxidil again, so that, fin and niz, good pictures and patience. Here's hoping you get good results!

Just going to give an update. For the sake of good measure I'm going to say I started taking fin in January 2015 so this is my three month update of using Finasteride 1 mg daily with Niz shampoo, No Minox. I have noticed I no longer seem to be loosing nearly as much hair if not any which is good, sometimes scalp can be itchy, other than that nothing really to report I think my pictures may look a bit worse. Mind you these new pictures are taken after a buzz with guard #4 quite a bit shorter then my first picture. Not sure exactly what to think of it I guess it is good that it has stopped my hair loss but will it regrow hair, who knows. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4403.jpg

Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	38105   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4406.jpg

Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	38106   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4405.jpg

Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	38107  

Hey! I don't see any appreciable increase in hair, but it doesn't really look like its gotten worse. Many guys that see improvement don't see it for 8-12 months or even longer. For me, I didn't notice an increase in density until probably 5-6 months when I noticed I didn't need to use as much Caboki on it. I had a shed recently (seasonal?) and it sort of regressed slightly. I would stick to it if you aren't having any side effects and keep up with the pictures!