+ Reply to Thread

playsound Dr Frechet's Scalp Extension Procedure

Hi Folks,

I just wonder if there is anyone out there who has had scalp extension surgery, or if anyone has seen the results of this procedure? It is the inventon of Dr Patrick Frechet who I believe is a very well respected practicioner, yet I can find very little about it on the internet or elsewhere.

People on these forums often react negitavely to talk of this procedure without ever saying whether they have seen the results for themselves, mainly because I think they confuse it with an old fashioned scalp reduction which it isn't.

I admit I am very tempted because I know what I am up against as a Norwood 6 hairloss sufferer. The Frechet procedure dramatically reduces the bald area at the crown (15,000 hairs in one operation) meaning there is much less scalp to fill with conventional grafts.

I would be very interested in any feedback about this. If Spencer Kobren sees this thread I would like to ask if he has any thoughts or knowledge about the above and if he knows of Dr Frechet and his reputation. There are other scalp extension practicioners but the only one in America is, I believe, Dr Steffano.

Thanks!

playsound There Are Other Options | Audio Response

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Piece View Post
    Hi Folks,

I just wonder if there is anyone out there who has had scalp extension surgery, or if anyone has seen the results of this procedure? It is the inventon of Dr Patrick Frechet who I believe is a very well respected practicioner, yet I can find very little about it on the internet or elsewhere.

People on these forums often react negitavely to talk of this procedure without ever saying whether they have seen the results for themselves, mainly because I think they confuse it with an old fashioned scalp reduction which it isn't.

I admit I am very tempted because I know what I am up against as a Norwood 6 hairloss sufferer. The Frechet procedure dramatically reduces the bald area at the crown (15,000 hairs in one operation) meaning there is much less scalp to fill with conventional grafts.

I would be very interested in any feedback about this. If Spencer Kobren sees this thread I would like to ask if he has any thoughts or knowledge about the above and if he knows of Dr Frechet and his reputation. There are other scalp extension practicioners but the only one in America is, I believe, Dr Steffano.

Thanks!
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Hi Spencer,

Thanks very much for sending such a detailed and informative response, it is much appreciated. The good news is that you have confirmed Dr Frechet is well respected in the industry which is what I have gleaned from my research. That is something to obviously take into consideration.

I am English and live in the UK but the website I keep going to time and again is Hasson and Wong. I look at what they have done for guys with similar hairloss to mine like jotronic and bobman and I would be delighted if I could get a result like theirs. I suppose if I had a thin covering at the back because of fewer grafts I could always use a consealer to thicken it (And keep an eye on developments at Histogen.) However, I admit there is always that thought of having the bald area reduced and not having to spread the grafts as far.

I had some transplants about 1990 when I was still very young and I wish I hadn't. I feel lucky because modern techniques can repair these earlier mistakes and again I take inspiration from jotronic because he went to Hasson and Wong with previous transplant work which looks very similar to mine.

I have been wearing hairpieces for years. The modern ones are truly fantastic and over the years hair systems have served me well. But now I feel is the time to have my own hair back, its something which would change my life. I was a twenty - something year old kid when it went and my confidence and self esteem disappeared with it.

Thanks again Spencer for your advice and your continuing work on behalf of hairloss sufferers world wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Piece View Post
    Hi Spencer,

Thanks very much for sending such a detailed and informative response, it is much appreciated. The good news is that you have confirmed Dr Frechet is well respected in the industry which is what I have gleaned from my research. That is something to obviously take into consideration.

I am English and live in the UK but the website I keep going to time and again is Hasson and Wong. I look at what they have done for guys with similar hairloss to mine like jotronic and bobman and I would be delighted if I could get a result like theirs. I suppose if I had a thin covering at the back because of fewer grafts I could always use a consealer to thicken it (And keep an eye on developments at Histogen.) However, I admit there is always that thought of having the bald area reduced and not having to spread the grafts as far.

I had some transplants about 1990 when I was still very young and I wish I hadn't. I feel lucky because modern techniques can repair these earlier mistakes and again I take inspiration from jotronic because he went to Hasson and Wong with previous transplant work which looks very similar to mine.

I have been wearing hairpieces for years. The modern ones are truly fantastic and over the years hair systems have served me well. But now I feel is the time to have my own hair back, its something which would change my life. I was a twenty - something year old kid when it went and my confidence and self esteem disappeared with it.

Thanks again Spencer for your advice and your continuing work on behalf of hairloss sufferers world wide.
    No worries, it’s my pleasure to be able to help!
    Hasson and Wong have been accepted members of the IAHRS since its inception, and they continue to up their game. You’ll be in good hands if you choose to go with them.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.