+ Reply to Thread

Default Qutting Propecia after 3 years.

So I posted here 3 years ago about my apparent success with propecia. I kinda thought it was working but in hindsight I think I was just kidding myself. I stuck it out for 3 years as I found that the pill gave me a psychological boost, but after 3 years I am finally quitting.
    I have found that on Propecia you get a shed period, which for me never ceased. I am now of the opinion that pretty much everything out there is a load of hocus pocus. This forum just confuses most of us into giving all of these things a go. The ones who get the success, or lack of it are probably in my boat, gradually thinning and probably gonna be bald in 20 years from beginning to end. The process is so slow that we can be fooled into thinking it is working.
    Now i have quit I am not worried about losing any ground, im just hoping that being 10 years into my balding that the next ten years brings a cure. However, the skeptical side of me thinks that a multi billion dollar hair pill and transplant market are gonna do their damndest to stop a cure from ever hitting the markets. Cure's dont make lots of money.
    My propecia journey did not come with any bad side effects, just watery sperm and slightly reduced labido. Oh yeah, greasy hair was my biggest side, mad greasy like when using Nizoral. Now ive been off the drug for 2 weeks I am much enjoying my labido levels. I didn't miss it when it was gone, but now its back its like my new best friend lol. My hair is also less greasy.
    Ill post again if anything changes, I am not a mega poster, I just post when I think I have anything to add to the mix. Look forward to your replys, Black hair dude

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Did you use the Propecia brand of finasteride or the generic product version available online without a prescription? I personally hope a cure is found, but there will still be work for hair transplant surgeons. Probably not as much though. Instead of filling in large bald areas, doctors will be giving patients lower hairlines and popular hairline shapes. I have a friend for instance who does not have MPB. He has a full head of hair but has a high hairline and a protruding forehead. A lower hairline would improve his appearance. Some men and women want a fuller, or a different shape to their eyebrows. Some men want to fill in spaces in their sideburns.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Agreed! some people will still want transplants, but I don't think many surgeries will survive with its no.1 earner gone?
    I have been taking branded Propecia from Boots apart from the last batch of 4 months which i bought from a pharmacy in Istanbul which was Proscar that I cut into 4