+ Reply to Thread

Default do follicles die?

I still don't know the answer to this. I've read both yes and no but still have no idea which one is correct. The no's sound more convincing to me but maybe because that's what I want to personally believe.

Another thing. Has anyone else ever had those hairs that grow out the middle of the forehead seemingly overnight. Usually just a single hair, white in colour, but a couple of inches long. What the heck are they? Has anyone studied them? Maybe they have the answer. I'm mean if a hair can grow that quickly we could one day all have fro's overnight.

I also sometimes find thick black hair thats silky to touch (in the pubic region). There is a spot where one will always grow but sometimes they sprout elsewhere nearby. I always pluck them when I find them because they are so soft and smooth and I want to study them closer, I've never seen any hair like them anywhere else.

Sometimes I don't know if my body knows what kind of animal I am so it doesn't know what hair to grow and where.

Seriously baldness is so dumb, I swear every time they sit down to research it they just sit there laughing that it is even a problem while staring in amazement at the pictures of bald men in front of them.

No, follicles do NOT die. This has been mentioned MANY times already and verified by Dr. George Cotsarelis.

The follicles themselves don't die but the two types of cells that form the follicle (epithelial and dermal papilla) do end up dying.

Quote Originally Posted by hairlessM View Post
    Another thing. Has anyone else ever had those hairs that grow out the middle of the forehead seemingly overnight. Usually just a single hair, white in colour, but a couple of inches long.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Island View Post
    The follicles themselves don't die but the two types of cells that form the follicle (epithelial and dermal papilla) do end up dying.
    So if the two cells that form the follicle die wouldn't that mean the follicle is dead?

I just can't understand how it would be so difficult to get a hair to grow. What's the difference between a follicle that is affected by mpb and one that isn't? I mean if you compare the two side by side there must be a difference? How can a hair follicle be so much of a medical mystery? It really is dumb.

There is no way anybody smart is working on this problem. I think we all should try and get Mark Zuckerberg's 2016 new year's resolution to find a cure because, sadly, I think that is our only chance as at least he puts a good effort into everything he does. It would even be benefiting to him as well as I'm sure there would be 10s of millions of men who would be likely to throw up more images of themselves across everything he owns.

Quote Originally Posted by hairlessM View Post
    So if the two cells that form the follicle die wouldn't that mean the follicle is dead?

I just can't understand how it would be so difficult to get a hair to grow. What's the difference between a follicle that is affected by mpb and one that isn't? I mean if you compare the two side by side there must be a difference? How can a hair follicle be so much of a medical mystery? It really is dumb.

There is no way anybody smart is working on this problem. I think we all should try and get Mark Zuckerberg's 2016 new year's resolution to find a cure because, sadly, I think that is our only chance as at least he puts a good effort into everything he does. It would even be benefiting to him as well as I'm sure there would be 10s of millions of men who would be likely to throw up more images of themselves across everything he owns.
    I agree. You can go to school and learn how to do science shit but that doesnt make you logically smart, thats something u cant learn. you have to know how to use that knowledge properly and im convinced these half pints dont know what theyre doing.