+ Reply to Thread

Default How long to give Dutasteride

Propecia didn't work for me after 9 months so I ditched it as I felt like my hair needed something stronger. My question is how long do I give dut?, ive been taking it for 2 months now and its hard to know whats going on. I wake up sometimes by hair looks better but then I wash it and with it wet I can see my hairline and the pattern of where its going (nw3 now) it feels like its worse by the week.

I have no problem with my crown or mid scalp they are both fine they may have even thickened up its hard to tell as they weren't an issue to begin with, its the front that I cant seem to save. No matter how hard I try all the money that I spent on treatments just seems like its not doing much plus I feel like im in a shedding phase now, if I put my hand through my hair over the sink four or five hairs flop out all a variety of length and thickness (does this mean anything) some of the hairs also appear broken and bent, is that normal?

So what can expect going forward ive pretty much thrown the kitchen sink at this now. I added RU about a week ago and have some 15% minox with azelaic acid on order . In addition to DUT surely that'll do something, if I could just maintain that would be progress for me. What you guys think how long til this improves? as I really don't wanna envision this shit getting worse

I have heard it can take 1.5 to 2 years to see any positive effects from finasteride, I would give DUT at least that long before calling it a failure.

It's hard to give it that long when your rapidly losing hair every day . Does your hair get worse before it gets better on dut? I've read reports of devastating frontal sheds and scared I'm in that. My hairline is being wiped away and I'm blocking 98pc of my dht . I don't get it .