Simple question. Am I balding - what do you think? (With pics)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • winkywoo
    • Dec 2014

Simple question. Am I balding - what do you think? (With pics)

As the title says - it'd be awesome to hear your opinions on whether or not you believe I'm balding at the temples. I'm not sure if this is just how my hairline is, or if I'm receding. I'm 18 years old fyi. Thanks so much!
    Attached Files
  • Notcoolanymore
    • Jun 2013

I hate to break it to you but yes you are balding. Not sure if you know who Spencer Kobren is, but on the last bald truth show he said "If you think you are balding, you are balding". This probably isn't accurate in all cases but I believe it is in most.

Comment

• winkywoo
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
      I hate to break it to you but yes you are balding. Not sure if you know who Spencer Kobren is, but on the last bald truth show he said "If you think you are balding, you are balding". This probably isn't accurate in all cases but I believe it is in most.
      Thanks a lot for your opinion. I thought so. Definitely not what I wanted to hear - especially at 18. Time to book an appointment with the derm. About a week ago I bought Rogaine and have been using it for about a week now. It's probably not the best idea to be doing that since I haven't seen a dermatologist yet, but I'm just so desperate man. I don't want to be one of those guys who are bald in their 20's.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
        • Jun 2013

I was "lucky" I didn't start to bald until I was about 22. Unlike you, I didn't find this forum and didn't have a clue what I could do to stop the loss. Minoxidil is a good start, believe it or not it can make a positive difference. Seeing a doctor is a good next step. Hopefully your derm will give you good advice. When I saw my Dr. in my mid 20's instead of telling me what I should be using to stop my hairloss, he went into how balding is natural and happens to many men. I lost many years and lots of hair because of that moron. Just make sure you educate yourself about the options and potential risks with each treatment and choose what is right for you.

Comment

• winkywoo
          • Dec 2014

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it. To be quite honest I've not really looked at any other options, I just kind of went with the Rogaine because it seems to be a kind of "go to" for lot's of men and has loads of great reviews. I guess I'll see what the derm has to say. Hopefully if I stick with the rogaine it will slow down the balding, or stop the balding. Boy that would be nice. Thanks for making me feel a little better though!

Comment

• NOhairNOlife
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by winkywoo
            As the title says - it'd be awesome to hear your opinions on whether or not you believe I'm balding at the temples. I'm not sure if this is just how my hairline is, or if I'm receding. I'm 18 years old fyi. Thanks so much!
            Winky, sorry to tell you man, yes you are balding. Although, like me, you can hide it well because of the length/style of your haircut.
            You did a good thing to start treatment ASAP, to be honest I don't think your doctor will be able to tell you much more than what is on this forum. There are more knowledgeable people here than any GP. The only thing your GP will be able to provide you is a prescription to fin or dut.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by NOhairNOlife
              You did a good thing to start treatment ASAP, to be honest I don't think your doctor will be able to tell you much more than what is on this forum. There are more knowledgeable people here than any GP. The only thing your GP will be able to provide you is a prescription to fin or dut.
              This is sad but true. I had two doctors that told me there was nothing at all that I could do about my hair loss. Those doctors cost me a lot of hair.

Comment

• RanDave
                • Nov 2014

Yeah, according to Norwood scale it looks like you have Class 2 hair loss. Sorry, but it is true. I can understand your emotions, as you are so young. But it is life and we should find the way how to deal with the problems that affect us.
                You are on the right way as starting treatment as soon as possible increases the chances of good results. You can also start taking fin it will prevent your hair loss.

Comment

• gainspotter
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                  This is sad but true. I had two doctors that told me there was nothing at all that I could do about my hair loss. Those doctors cost me a lot of hair.
                  Ha ha

That reminded me of when I went to see my doc about my receding hairline. I can remember asking her whether I should use minoxidil or take propecia and she responded by saying none of them work. Why do you think premiership football players get hair transplants. Then she offered me some anti depressants as she thought this would slow the loss.
                  Like you, I lost a lot of ground because I believed that cow.

Comment

Working...