+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default need some advice please. possible nw, what do I do ?

Hi guys

Just need some advice on meds as am considering making the commitment to meds but unsure as to what to buy. Or perhaps a hair transplant in the near future as this is becoming a big issue in my life now and find myself constantly checking my hair and covering up the temple recession. I'm only noticing loss at the temples so far and especially the left hand side, I think I'm a norwood 3 from the pictures if seen of others. Any help would be great
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_1420109106510.jpg

Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	36859   Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_1420109055468.jpg

Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	36860   Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsArt_1420109012891.jpg

Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	36861  

Good call on the norwood. I would say NW3 is about right. Getting on meds is the best first step that you can make. You can get a prescription from your doctor. The only other advice I can give you is to be consistent taking treatments and be patient.

Thanks a lot! Is there much chance of regrowth with meds?

The sooner you get on meds the better your odds to regrow. Unfortunately there are no guarantees though.

After a busy couple of months iv decided to source some generic finasteride 'Fincar 5mg' i will post some pics around the 3 month mark and hopefully i will have some kind of progress by then. Im going to hold back on minox to start with and see how i get on with fin first

if anyone has any tips or advice, would be great to hear!

Congratulations for the first step!! No one can guarantee about their effects (and sides??) but sooner the better. I personally think, 1mg is the best starting dose and 5mg would be little towards higher side for treating hair loss. Sadly, it would not be a permanent solution and hair regrowth would continue as long as you continue medicine. Moreover, be patient, your hair growth may start to improve within a few months, although it can take up to a year or so for you to notice the full benefit. Nevertheless, it can work wonders in many men fighting hair loss. All the best!!!
    P.S : Keep a watch for side effects, though most of them are in head only, it’s better to be vigilant specially at that higher starting dose.

Hey,

thanks for the advice! 5mg will be cut into quarters so will end up being 1.25mg a day, so hopefully it wont be too much for me to start with, Im just hoping for some regrowth and to maintain really, if i could get a bit more in the temples then i will be over the moon! I will post every month (maybe 2) or so with new pics to see if Iv got any results

I take 1mg generic fin. As I know, many men start with 1.25 and it is ok. In case you notice any unusual for you conditions, cut the dosage to 1mg.
    As about the results, I've started noticing mine at about 4 months of treatment, so be patient as it is all individual. Good luck!
    Looking forward for your updates.

How's it looking man? Can you give us an update with pictures?

Thanks a lot

Its still in my eyes the same, as its only been 2-3 weeks havent really noticed much difference, I had ball ache for a few days but that soon passed, also I have an itchy scalp near the temples - not really sure what that is. but no real side effects