+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Hair Systems and physical job

Team,

Im seriously doing my research into hair systems, Long story short im a Police Officer and my job involves wearing a three types of helmet one if anyone cares to google it is a "police custodian helmet" and "Police flat cap" and sometimes although rarely a "POLICE PUBLIC ORDER HELMET" will the taking on and off of these helmets cause any issues or make it obvious whats underneath.

Secondly the job involves physical activities sometimes such as running after people and more regularly fighting with violent people and although no one has pulled my hair in 8 years it is a possibility also once a year we do a refresher course in restraints where we throw each other around and practice various holds, my question is how secure are hair systems really, bot toppers and full caps as Im undecided yet which if any to get. will they stay on during these types of activity

Taking off your helmets and hats wont do anything to your system. However if someone pulls on your system im sure it would move. It depends how hard the glue they use to attach it on your scalp. As for running ive read that after a couple days you dont even feel it on and that its very secure during those type of activites. Im speaking in general. Depends what system and glue they use.

I've worn a hp for many years. I can easily go 4 weeks or longer between attachments. I use a tape/adhesive combo that is so secure it takes me 10 to 15 minutes using 99% alcohol to remove. Even then I occasionally remove some scalp flesh along with the hp. It does not move between attachments.
    I also work out 7 days per week including 40 minutes of hard cardio. The attachment is not affected.
    I spend considerable time in SE Asia. I have experienced a couple typhoons, numerous tropical storms, and regular thunder storms. Wind, rain, intense heat, intense sun, and high humidity has never been a problem for me. The attachment remains secure. A new wearer needs to find the best attachment tape/adhesive that works for the individual. Everyone is different. Some people have "lift" issues within 24 hours. Other like me can go a month or longer. You will not know until you experiment with what works best for you. If you want a quick review of all the tapes and adhesives go to Hair Direct. Their online store has just about everything.
    As for your helmet question.......a helmet, cap, or hat will cause some matting of hair. Particularly in high heat or humidity conditions. But, bio hair also mattes.
    The likelihood of someone during a confrontation pulling the hp from your head is unlikely (assuming you have a decent attachment). It is more likely that a hard pull on the hair would result either in hair breakage or lace (or skin if you wear a skin hp) breakage.
    The choice between a topper or a full cap depends on your hair condition. If you have adequate side and back hair, go with a topper. A topper is less hassle to attach and is likely to be more secure. Wearers of a full cap often complain about attachment issues around the nape of the neck due to all the movement of the skin on the upper neck when the head moves..

Quote Originally Posted by lvlace View Post
    I've worn a hp for many years. I can easily go 4 weeks or longer between attachments. I use a tape/adhesive combo that is so secure it takes me 10 to 15 minutes using 99% alcohol to remove. Even then I occasionally remove some scalp flesh along with the hp. It does not move between attachments.
    I also work out 7 days per week including 40 minutes of hard cardio. The attachment is not affected.
    I spend considerable time in SE Asia. I have experienced a couple typhoons, numerous tropical storms, and regular thunder storms. Wind, rain, intense heat, intense sun, and high humidity has never been a problem for me. The attachment remains secure. A new wearer needs to find the best attachment tape/adhesive that works for the individual. Everyone is different. Some people have "lift" issues within 24 hours. Other like me can go a month or longer. You will not know until you experiment with what works best for you. If you want a quick review of all the tapes and adhesives go to Hair Direct. Their online store has just about everything.
    As for your helmet question.......a helmet, cap, or hat will cause some matting of hair. Particularly in high heat or humidity conditions. But, bio hair also mattes.
    The likelihood of someone during a confrontation pulling the hp from your head is unlikely (assuming you have a decent attachment). It is more likely that a hard pull on the hair would result either in hair breakage or lace (or skin if you wear a skin hp) breakage.
    The choice between a topper or a full cap depends on your hair condition. If you have adequate side and back hair, go with a topper. A topper is less hassle to attach and is likely to be more secure. Wearers of a full cap often complain about attachment issues around the nape of the neck due to all the movement of the skin on the upper neck when the head moves..
    Hey lvlace do you use a full cap? Ive been searching a good place/website to order one. I just cant seem to find them. Its always a topper. My donor area is thin as well. Could you direct me to a site for full caps? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goldnt View Post
    Hey lvlace do you use a full cap? Ive been searching a good place/website to order one. I just cant seem to find them. Its always a topper. My donor area is thin as well. Could you direct me to a site for full caps? Thanks
    Hi,
    I wear a topper. Several good online companies who can provide full caps. Northwest Lace and Toplace get great reviews. But many people love HairDirect and Coolpiece. As long as you get your specs right I think you are likely to be happy with all of them. John at Toplace and Eric at NW Lace are easy to work with.....regards

Quote Originally Posted by goldnt View Post
    www.ukhairsystems.com do full caps and ship worldwide. I have had deliveries when working in USA and Hong Kong from them.

Northwest, Costas Hair and Hair direct all options too.

Do any of these fullcaps look legit if I were to cut the sides short with clippers or its not recommended? Im really stoked about this to be honest, just shaving my head, not worrying about hair at all and place on a hair piece. Cant say im not excited.

someone pulling your hair with force will be the most likely activity to disturb, damage or dislodge your hair system. Also if the bond is weak (say near when it needs to be changed) then brushing your hair system re holds will disturb it.

physical activity and helmets wouldnt affect it much.