+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Cure has accidentally been found

Hi there,

Although i am not really active in this forum and just try to find news about this topic from time to time - i did find this article.
    It says that some scientists have accidentally found a cure for baldness.

They were looking for a cancer treatment and could reactivate hair follicles. The tests on mice have been succesful and now they will do further human testings.

http://www.dailysabah.com/health/201...ure-for-cancer

Hope that this is exciting news for you and i can end 2014 with a smile in your faces )

Who cares, it's just mice- again. I think Bloody Mary mix and Drāno could regrow fur on those little bastards. Means nothing for us.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DavidHarn View Post
    Hi there,

Although i am not really active in this forum and just try to find news about this topic from time to time - i did find this article.
    It says that some scientists have accidentally found a cure for baldness.

They were looking for a cancer treatment and could reactivate hair follicles. The tests on mice have been succesful and now they will do further human testings.

http://www.dailysabah.com/health/201...ure-for-cancer

Hope that this is exciting news for you and i can end 2014 with a smile in your faces )

Haha

You are going to like this forum

Interesting. Not much information out there on this yet but I wouldn't be so hasty to discredit it. Each piece of the puzzle adds to the growing base of knowledge and may play a pivotal role at some point in time.

This isn't a bad thing.

Mice again... don't care.

Yes just mice, but if you read the last sentence, it states it will later be tested on humans. Now yea we know its years from now to even start but something is something.

Quote Originally Posted by goldnt View Post
    Yes just mice, but if you read the last sentence, it states it will later be tested on humans. Now yea we know its years from now to even start but something is something.
    It'll be years before that happens... if at all. Dr. Lauster's team made headline news about creating follicles from scratch FOUR years ago and we've yet to hear about human trials. Everything with these researchers is snail paced and almost always filled with empty promises. The number of actual human trials taking place I can count on one hand but the number false promises is in the many dozens AT LEAST.

Oh boy. Hellouser will love this one. Lol.

This thing is making headlines everywhere as the 'accidental cure'. Yeah and I fail to see how it is any different than the 20 other headlines in the past 5-10 years that were claiming that magic cure was found. And everytime, it turns out they grew hair on mice.

We already had a pretty big idea that the immune system most likely played a large role in hair loss. Heck, this year AA was cured through rheumatism medicine (a.k.a. immune system medicine) and guess what. Nobody even attempted to try the same medicine on AGA. Not even the person who discovered that tofacitinib works on AA tried it on AGA.

Quote Originally Posted by inbrugge View Post
    Oh boy. Hellouser will love this one. Lol.

This thing is making headlines everywhere as the 'accidental cure'. Yeah and I fail to see how it is any different than the 20 other headlines in the past 5-10 years that were claiming that magic cure was found. And everytime, it turns out they grew hair on mice.

We already had a pretty big idea that the immune system most likely played a large role in hair loss. Heck, this year AA was cured through rheumatism medicine (a.k.a. immune system medicine) and guess what. Nobody even attempted to try the same medicine on AGA. Not even the person who discovered that tofacitinib works on AA tried it on AGA.
    It's because regular AGA bald apparently doesn't deserve the same kind of sympathy or attention as any other form of alopecia... why? Because AGA affects men, not women. Men's health isn't important. Women have benefitted GREATLY with health research, it should be NO surprise that they live 4-6 years longer on average.. but feminists won't mention THAT inequality

But it is astonishingly pathetic that the 99% of alopecia sufferers get completely snubbed while the 1% basically have a cure... we dont even get to sniff a case trial, not even a response from Dr. Angela Christiano or Dr. Brett King when I asked them about doing a SINGLE case trial for the use of Tofacinitinib on AGA. NOTHING, no response at all.

Another cure for baldness [groan].

The thing is the mainstream media loves to use "cure" headlines every time someone makes a new discovery about hair loss (anyone here remember astressin-b?). It is not a cure unless it has been tried successfully on humans. Practically everything cures hair loss in mice.

Don't get me wrong, this is an exciting development and further research is in order, I'm just so tired of hearing about "cures."