+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    Practically everything cures hair loss in mice.
    A mythical bird could drop a giant sized turd on top of a mouse and it'd grow more hair than a gorilla.

Either these mice don't have hair loss or as you say, everything cures hair loss in mice. I'd like to see these same efforts done on humans... (we know it wont be done, mens health is irrelevant).

This might sound stupid but could it be that this type of synthetic hair loss induced upon these mice is vastly different to what actually occurs to human beings whilst losing their hair, after all I don't think scientist completely understand hair loss or there would be a solution by now.

Good find but its just that another good find, this is not a cure nor should it be hailed as one.

Like everyone else I have been on this forum more years than I expected to be, we all fell for this "cure" nonsense at some point in time most likely more than once, why I remember one time I was so foolish and happy I was giddy, I almost cried tears of happiness... that was a long time ago now and I have since learned that until it is available to market it is not a cure.

Leave the sensationalism to the unscrupulous journalists which are designing these catch titles to lure you in, they are in the same league as the scum that pedal fake products.

I do not understand your discussion when the CD Liu is based on this mechanism-macrophage
    I have good results and I'm only on the 4th cycle

I am cautiously optimistic about this. The theory and mechanisms does sound logically plausible.

Though for all of the naysayers saying that “this is not a cure” – Eventually a seemly small discovery such as this could be the answer. Heck, this just might be it, but might take a few years for the proof of concept to be validated.

might as well link to the original article

http://www.plosbiology.org/article/i...l.pbio.1002002

Quote Originally Posted by ejd1984 View Post
    I am cautiously optimistic about this. The theory and mechanisms does sound logically plausible.

Though for all of the naysayers saying that “this is not a cure” – Eventually a seemly small discovery such as this could be the answer. Heck, this just might be it, but might take a few years for the proof of concept to be validated.
    That's the problem, my friend. 'A few years' means at least10 years before something MIGHT make it to the market. Look at all the findings about PGD2/PGE2. Those have been around since 2006 and we still don't have any specific PGD targeting medicines.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by ejd1984 View Post

+1
    Maybe something can accelerate this, such as crowdfunding topic suggests...

The word cure is so over used. Why even use the word cure in some extremely preliminary research like this? I mean future treatment is a stretch but much more believable. I take cure to mean you can regrow any amount of hair you want and its completely under human control

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    A mythical bird could drop a giant sized turd on top of a mouse and it'd grow more hair than a gorilla.

Either these mice don't have hair loss or as you say, everything cures hair loss in mice. I'd like to see these same efforts done on humans... (we know it wont be done, mens health is irrelevant).
    Hi Hellouser , I can't forget last year in a dermaroller forum a day before new year you wrote :

All I want is my hairline back..my hairline back .

It was simple . I wish you've got good result with your hair this year or at least get better result in the next year my friend.

This article gives me a major Déjà vu feeling.

The article btw is also featured on the dailyfail website where it says

The study's authors believe their findings could also influence approaches to tissue regeneration, ageing and cancer.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ood-cells.html

Yeahyeah, it's a miracle I tell you. It cures baldness, cancer, anti-aging, probably Alzheimer, Aids, Ebola and creates unicorns.
    Just to give you an impression of the reliability of the article.