+ Reply to Thread

Default Last Roll of the Dice before FUE - RU58841 + kitchen sink - My Log

Hi All,

I have been a long time reader of this excellent forum, first time poster. I was very active on forums about 10 + years ago (predominantly HS and HLH).

As the title suggests I am throwing the kitchen sink at my hair loss for a 6-12 month period and will record monthly, with photos, on this log. If unsuccessful, I am going to get an FUE (in all likelihood in Belgium).

About me
    I am 34 and am from London. I have a decent knowledge of the hair loss industry but by no means an expert. I started losing my hair when I was 18 (very slowly with the help of meds). I am currently a NW2 with general thinning front 3rd. My crown is strong due to the meds.

Goals
    I hope to maintain, thicken and maybe regrow about 10% - 20%.

History of hairloss drugs
    I have taken everything over the years - fin, dut, oral and topical minox, oral and topical spiro, nizoral 1 and 2 % and every supplement in between. Honestly I think the best things I have used are dut, nizoral 1% and oral spiro. Unfortunately I had to give up the latter due to sides but it was noticeably good. I have bought RU 5% pg eth from anagenic.

What I use now
    1 x dut 5 times a week
    1 x 5mg oral minox 5 times a week
    Topical minox 1 x day 5 times a week (hairline only)
    Nizoral 1% 1-2 times a week

What I will change to
    1 x application of RU 5% daily
    1 x dut 7 times a week
    1 x 10mg oral minox 7 times a week
    Topical minox 2 x day 7 times a week (hairline only)
    Nizoral 1% 4-5 times a week
    Bettamousse (bethamethasone valerate) 1 x week (combat inflammation)
    Biotin
    Aloe Vera gel applied 4 times a week

I really hope this log can help you, if not please don't attack. I just want to help myself and anyone else who finds it interesting /useful.

Baseline pictures attached. If anyone uses HLH, you'll see the same post there.

All the best fellas,

Sean

Good luck with your new regimen. You seem to have decent hair, just a recession of the hairline. Do you get many sides on dut? If so, what are they like compared to fin sides? Also, where do you obtain your dut and oral minox in the UK? I'll be following your progress and hope you have some good results. About to order another 10g RU myself.

Hi diffuseloser, thanks. The only real side I have got from dut is about a 20% drop in libido. I started fin about 3 months before dut came out. I jumped on the dut wagon from day 1 so I never really gave fin a chance although didn't notice any sides when on it. My derm prescribes me dut now. I get oral minox from 4 corners/inhouse pharmacy online.

How have you found RU? I am nervous using it I must say but will monitor things very closely.

Welcome. You have minor recession really. Furthermore with that strong new regimen you will be able to maintain for many years to come. A small FUE and you'll have an excellent hairline too. Why the oral minoxidil btw?

Hi swooping, thanks. I hope you are right! I basically started taking oral minox years ago (prob around the same time as dut) along with oral spiro. It was a very strong oral ****tail that many were taking at the time and reporting results. I much prefer the oral route to topical. I had to stop the spiro but continued with the minox. It's hard to know if it is doing anything but I am afraid to stop really (and now am about to double the dose - most reports I have read said that oral minox was only effective at 10mg + p/d).

Nice topic mate. I'm probably in the same position. Looking for some stabilization before heading for a FUE.

I wouldn't be too nervous about RU. I've been using it a while now with no issues. I'm thinking about hopping on Dut myself and I'm more nervous about that, particularly as we will be starting a family soon and I'm not sure it's a good idea. Wish you all the very best with this and look forward to hearing more about your progress. Don't think you have much to worry about as you have managed to keep a fairly decent head of hair so far and RU will only bolster that further. Temples are always gonna be the hardest to get regrowth on and I think a small FUE is the only remedy for that. Just be wary of shock loss though as it may do more harm than good. If you pick a good surgeon, they will advise you of this anyway. I was going to get FUE with Mwamba but he advised me against it which is a good sign of a reputable and trustworthy surgeon. Good luck.

Sean2015, your changes look fine, I just worry they are not going to halt your loss. I take oral minox, and dut and fin, in FAR greater dosages than you will be taken, and they have not stopped my receding hairline. But good luck!

I don't know about oral minoxidil guys, it's usually used as a last resort drug for people with chronic high blood pressure and kidney disease. It can cause some nasty side effects and there are a few accounts on the forums of people developing heart conditions from taking it. Just a word of caution.

@diffuseloser: thanks for your words of encouragement. Ye, shock loss is a risk but we wouldn't be in the experimental section if we weren't risk takers! I am actually extremely risk adverse normally, but when it comes to hair, I am a bit looser on the rules. When my wife and I were trying to have a baby I was advised by my derm to come off dut which I did. I defo lost ground with my hair in that period (due to the long half life I waited 3 months before trying). All the best with that! It's life changing!

@saltynuts. I like your optimism! No, I understand the need to be cautiously prudent/negative about hair loss drugs especially when attacking the hairline. I thought oral spiro was great apart from the sides so I am hoping a topical pure anti androgen will be a winner for me.

@kudo I have taken it for a long time with no issue. I'm not crazy on taking it but will continue for the time being