+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by NOhairNOlife View Post
    I live in Ontario, Canada, I've noticed in my day to day life that more Arab/Middle-eastern men are balding vs Caucasian men.

Anybody else take notice of this?
    I have noticed that the one race that is least balding is Asians as in orientals.

They should do a study were they take people from different ethnic backgrounds and do blood/scalp work on them. Maybe they can narrow down what is the real reason for MPB

Caucasians have the highest incidence of MPB, followed closely by Afro-Caribbeans. Blacks from Africa have a moderately lower incidence, and East Asians, Polynesians, Hispanics and aboriginal Australians have a much lower incidence. Native Americans and Inuits (Eskimos) appear to be completely immune to MPB. If ever you travel to Nunavut in Northeast Canada and spend some time with the Inuits there, you'll notice that not a single one of them, regardless of age, is bald.

I think your more talking about gene pools and poorly understood things like why is one man more sensitive to androgens than another? One ethnicity has more of certain genes so maybe one ethnicity has higher probability but kind of pointless to argue about since no one knows. Your either balding or not so not a lot of in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Y gwningen llwyd View Post
    Caucasians have the highest incidence of MPB, followed closely by Afro-Caribbeans. Blacks from Africa have a moderately lower incidence, and East Asians, Polynesians, Hispanics and aboriginal Australians have a much lower incidence. Native Americans and Inuits (Eskimos) appear to be completely immune to MPB. If ever you travel to Nunavut in Northeast Canada and spend some time with the Inuits there, you'll notice that not a single one of them, regardless of age, is bald.
    Im surprised to read that Caucasians have the highest incidents of MPB, when I look around in my surroundings I find middle-easterns have the highest incidents of MPB.

Quote Originally Posted by NOhairNOlife View Post
    Im surprised to read that Caucasians have the highest incidents of MPB, when I look around in my surroundings I find middle-easterns have the highest incidents of MPB.
    Well, Middle-easterners are, anthropologically, the same race as Europeans. It is still my understanding that Europeans are slightly more prone to MPB than are Middle-easterners. Greek and Macedonian men are believed to have the highest incidence of all. Men from the Nordic countries also have a very high incidence.

The reason for ethnic differences in proneness to baldness is, of course, genetics. More specifically, ethnic differences exist in the level of genetic sensitivity of the scalp hair follicles to DHT. Caucasians have the genes for androgen sensitivity, whereas Native Americans have the genes for androgen resistance.