+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Cool another one of those "I'm getting bald and/or grey at 40. I'm so unlucky"-guys. Sorry these threads make me cynical.
    Don't get me wrong. I understand going bald is not a ride in the park at any age. It's not fun and it's something unpleasant to having to deal with.
    But you're getting 40 in a year or less. What's happening to your hair is not abnormal at that age, sometimes even expected. Most us on this forum went through it in our teens or early 20's when we were like 1 out of 30-40 in our age group and girls and classmates in (nor we ourselves) had a mature outlook on the matter. At 40 (or 39) you're expected to have grown some character to deal with these kind of adversities.

If you really think hairloss and greying hair is a reason for suicide, you really ought to get some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Nonsense, there's no evidence to support that ridiculous claim. What do you suggest? Let us all become fat slobs to keep our hair?
    No, what I was saying was that estrogenic men, that is, men with wide hips, narrow shoulders, man boobs, unable to grow beard etc. normally don't lose hair. Usually, such men also have fertility problems. And yes, its been scientifically proven that if you castrate a man before puberty, he would never go bald.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    No, what I was saying was that estrogenic men, that is, men with wide hips, narrow shoulders, man boobs, unable to grow beard etc. normally don't lose hair. Usually, such men also have fertility problems. And yes, its been scientifically proven that if you castrate a man before puberty, he would never go bald.
    That's also pure speculation. A lot of young balding men on the forums complain that they cannot grow a beard and I for example who had the worst hair loss at a young age have almost no body hair at all. Men like Steve Carell or Antonio Banderas are hairy as a wolf yet have not lost a single hair. So there's absolutely no correlation.

When you conjure the likes of Steve Carell and Antonio Banderas as examples of stalwarts against the tide of follicular recession I can only assume you do so in jest. They've both had extensive, obvious, and not particularly effective work done to their hairlines.

Actually men with lots of body hair are - scientifically proven - 50 % more likely to suffer from hairloss, so there definitely is a correlation. Also Steve Carell is not best example, considering he's highly suspected to be either a wig-wear or have undergone a hairtransplantation. Just look at the first season of the US The office.

It's explained in the bonuses that they thinned his hair on purpose. Steve Carell never suffered from hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    It's explained in the bonuses that they thinned his hair on purpose. Steve Carell never suffered from hair loss.
    No, they thinned it MORE for the 1st season of TO but there was already noticeable diffusion. Here he is in 1991 in his first film Curly Sue:

http://www.boringly.com/uploads/thumbs/219f79341-1.jpg

Clear recession of his left temple. He was 29 at the time.

Here is a link to his wikipedia page. The top photo was taken last month:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Carell

Very similar, if less extensive, diffusion to what we saw in the first year of TO.

Whatever the merits of your original argument, Steve Carell is a BAD example of scalpal hair retention.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    A man with a full head of hair but fat and with wide hips, has most likely kept his hair due to low testosterone/high estrogen.
    I don't think it has anything to do with that. Otherwise why would women get thinning?
    I've also seen older men (in their 50s) in great shape with all their hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Cool another one of those "I'm getting bald and/or grey at 40. I'm so unlucky"-guys. Sorry these threads make me cynical.
    Don't get me wrong. I understand going bald is not a ride in the park at any age. It's not fun and it's something unpleasant to having to deal with.
    But you're getting 40 in a year or less. What's happening to your hair is not abnormal at that age, sometimes even expected. Most us on this forum went through it in our teens or early 20's when we were like 1 out of 30-40 in our age group and girls and classmates in (nor we ourselves) had a mature outlook on the matter. At 40 (or 39) you're expected to have grown some character to deal with these kind of adversities.

If you really think hairloss and greying hair is a reason for suicide, you really ought to get some perspective.
    No!!!! it's NOT normal to be 40 and losing your hair. I know and have a lot of friends in their mid 30s and older who have full heads of hair, with NO sign they will ever lose it

I won't actually commit suicide I'm too chicken shit to do that. It's just sending me down this spiral of depression that I can't seem to get out of. And it's not like I'm staying at home locked up like a hermit. I go out and party every weekend and I don't want to brag but I've been with a lot of women (not that that's a measure of anything, just saying it for context). It just sucks so bad when you're dressed to the nines and you go out and all you can think about is your gawd damn hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by NOhairNOlife View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with that. Otherwise why would women get thinning?

No!!!! it's NOT normal to be 40 and losing your hair. I know and have a lot of friends in their mid 30s and older who have full heads of hair, with NO sign they will ever lose it

I won't actually commit suicide I'm too chicken shit to do that. It's just sending me down this spiral of depression that I can't seem to get out of. And it's not like I'm staying at home locked up like a hermit. I go out and party every weekend and I don't want to brag but I've been with a lot of women (not that that's a measure of anything, just saying it for context). It just sucks so bad when you're dressed to the nines and you go out and all you can think about is your gawd damn hair loss.
    Hair loss seems to be the least of your worries. It sucks at any age but you're not going to miss out on much suffering at the age of 40. It's a social norm.

Obviously you haven't developed much confidence or personal growth during your youth if you're acting like a child at 40.

Quote Originally Posted by NOhairNOlife View Post

Wow, is this guy for real....? I actually had a fair amount of empathy/sympathy for this guy, as i do with all suicidal members on this forum, because i am also extremely suicidal over my hair loss. But this comment says alot about you, imo. Your extremely narcissistic and highly ignorant. Its extremely normal for men prone to MPB to start showing signs around the age of 40. In fact, you are extremely lucky that you made iit this far without any sign of thinning.

Try living at the ripe age of 21, when your life has barely started, and have to deal with agressive hairloss thats resistent to all treatments.
    Im sure the majority of all of the hair loss forum members who suffer from actuall hair loss would love to be in your shoes, in regards to your hair situation and would give the world to have no noticible signs of hair loss until the age of 40 !!! (i would bet billions on the validity of that statement <<<)
    You dont even know what REAL DEPRESSION,BEING SUICIDAL and ANXIETY feels Like !

With all due respect, Grow a ****ing pair, you old ****ing fart.