+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 2015- Make or Break Future Treatments

We welcome 2015 to be a very big year in the world of hair loss. While I remember like it was yesterday, everyone saying we'd have Aderans by now and Histogen as well, we still have a lot to look forward to. By this time next year, we will know if any of the following are promising enough treatments to make it to the market and improve our lives:

1. Replicel (should have 6/12 months results to know what to expect) -I'm up in the air on these guys. Their science seems to be supported by some legitimate third party research papers, but their initial results were disappointing and they keep delaying. However, I think Spencer saw the 12 month results and seemed excited, but never informed us (maybe he wasn't allowed) and obviously something was seen for millions in investments and hopes Asian licensing to be on the table.

2. Histogen (will know if they start phase IIb, if they do it will surely be released) -I've lost hope for them due to the fact they haven't partnered with anyone and I don't think they have the money needed to move to phase IIb at the start of 2015 like planned

3. Bim (pending results this coming January) -my highest hopes for the next drug

4. sm04554 (phase II study will be completed)

5. CB (phase II study will be completed)- I don't have high hopes for it being lesser sides than fin/dut/ru

6. Dr. Carlos Wesley's Pilofocus with ACell (should be completed by summer 2015, I have high hopes for great regeneration that will change the game, big time)

7. clinical trials for PRP from numerous third party investigators- I think in coming years we could see drastic improvements in success rate with PRP therapies

8. clinical trials for third parties on laser therapy- I think we may see some minimal benefit from it, nothing to shake a stick at or get excited over.

9. Cots and follica making more discoveries that lead to absolutely nothing. -I've lost all hope in follica

It's going to be a make or break year for a lot of treatments/cures in the pipeline guys..fingers crossed to 2015 finally bringing us some good news and a treatment to look forward to.

What do you guys have the highest hopes for? I'm excited for Pilofocus and Bim!

Nice post! It gives me hope to see all these possible future treatments lined up.

I must say that I am really excited for Bim, mainly because the results of phase IIb will be out very soon. It feels like we can almost touch our first new FDA-approved treatment since a long time. I'm just hoping that it isn't going to be very expensive as I simply can't afford it at the moment to pay a couple of hunderd dollars a month for hair loss treatments.

Here's to 2015 becoming a great year for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Nice post! It gives me hope to see all these possible future treatments lined up.

I must say that I am really excited for Bim, mainly because the results of phase IIb will be out very soon. It feels like we can almost touch our first new FDA-approved treatment since a long time. I'm just hoping that it isn't going to be very expensive as I simply can't afford it at the moment to pay a couple of hunderd dollars a month for hair loss treatments.

Here's to 2015 becoming a great year for us!
    I can't wait for Bim as well, I hope the allergen buyout turns out to be because of this product and the rumors Joe and Spencer heard are true!

Terrific forecast of everything that's happening. It's obviously very positive in terms of new treatments over the next couple of years. I personally think Follica is going to surprise us all with a treatment as well sometime soon, but everyone's gone cold on them because we're not getting tid-bits of information. Bottom Line: BETTER DAYS ARE COMING, and SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I can't wait for Bim as well, I hope the allergen buyout turns out to be because of this product and the rumors Joe and Spencer heard are true!
    If the results are fantastic...then it will be understood that that's the reason they were bought out. Right now it's speculation, but the possibility is very exciting.

We welcome 2015 to be a very big year in the world of hair loss. While I remember like it was yesterday, everyone saying we'd have Aderans by now and Histogen as well, we still have a lot to look forward to. By this time next year, we will know if any of the following are promising enough treatments to make it to the market and improve our lives:

1. Replicel (should have 6/12 months results to know what to expect) -I'm up in the air on these guys. Their science seems to be supported by some legitimate third party research papers, but their initial results were disappointing and they keep delaying. However, I think Spencer saw the 12 month results and seemed excited, but never informed us (maybe he wasn't allowed) and obviously something was seen for millions in investments and hopes Asian licensing to be on the table.

2. Histogen (will know if they start phase IIb, if they do it will surely be released) -I've lost hope for them due to the fact they haven't partnered with anyone and I don't think they have the money needed to move to phase IIb at the start of 2015 like planned

3. Bim (pending results this coming January) -my highest hopes for the next drug

4. sm04554 (phase II study will be completed)

5. CB (phase II study will be completed)- I don't have high hopes for it being lesser sides than fin/dut/ru

6. Dr. Carlos Wesley's Pilofocus with ACell (should be completed by summer 2015, I have high hopes for great regeneration that will change the game, big time)

7. clinical trials for PRP from numerous third party investigators- I think in coming years we could see drastic improvements in success rate with PRP therapies

8. clinical trials for third parties on laser therapy- I think we may see some minimal benefit from it, nothing to shake a stick at or get excited over.

9. Cots and follica making more discoveries that lead to absolutely nothing. -I've lost all hope in follica

It's going to be a make or break year for a lot of treatments/cures in the pipeline guys..fingers crossed to 2015 finally bringing us some good news and a treatment to look forward to.

What do you guys have the highest hopes for? I'm excited for Pilofocus and Bim!
    Great summary! Thanks

Where can I find more information about BIM?

Thanks!

What are the rumours that Joe and Spencer have heard? I'd try to find out for myself but I've missed a few of the shows and so it may take an age to find...

KJ.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ1982 View Post
    What are the rumours that Joe and Spencer have heard? I'd try to find out for myself but I've missed a few of the shows and so it may take an age to find...

KJ.
    essentially joe and spencer heard the trials were going really well.

Im not sure how much value you can put on that opinion, but it was an interesting remark from them.

nothing but positive speculation right now, we'll find out the actual results within a few weeks.

really hoping BIM pans out, would love a product next christmas or at least within 2 years!

other than that, CB results will be interesting and Histogen looks to finally be moving forward again in Japan.

definitely some positives on the horizon, will be an interesting year! there's no 100% cure coming but damnit I would love another growth product like BIM that can actually help a bit!

I still have high hopes for histogen. Their results were great IMO for one treatment. The AAPE study seems to support histogen's growth factor angle. If only they got more funding.

Overall though I think progress is being made and we have lots to look forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    essentially joe and spencer heard the trials were going really well.

Im not sure how much value you can put on that opinion, but it was an interesting remark from them.

nothing but positive speculation right now, we'll find out the actual results within a few weeks.

really hoping BIM pans out, would love a product next christmas or at least within 2 years!

other than that, CB results will be interesting and Histogen looks to finally be moving forward again in Japan.

definitely some positives on the horizon, will be an interesting year! there's no 100% cure coming but damnit I would love another growth product like BIM that can actually help a bit!
    Thank you, rdawg. Your reply's appreciated.

It's interesting to hear that Spencer seems to think that the trials are going well; I can see how, given his connections and reputation, he may have heard some inside information with regards to the trials.

Joe, on the other hand, I'm not so sure. Having said that, I can't say I know very much about him so I can't form a conclusive opinion with regards to his background...

Whatever the case may be, it's certainly interesting and an exciting time to think that, should things have been going well, we may have another treatment for MPB in the near future.

I've recently been considering beginning finasteride to combat my accelerating recession so the possibility that, should this prove successful as a treatment, I may not need it for long is certainly some comfort.

Perhaps I should hold fire until the trial results are heard before making a choice with regards to finasteride?

KJ.