2015- Make or Break Future Treatments

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deal
    • Oct 2014

I personally met Dr Wesley, he was a very kind and smart person, and very passionate about solving hair loss. I have nothing but the highest opinion of him. He gave me an entire presentation on pilofocus and where he was at. IMO there is no reason to expect hair regeneration above what other currently used methods can obtain. If pilofocus comes to market and works as intended, please note this is no small feat, I do think it will be the best method of HT available. Even saying this if you are considering a HT now there is absolutely no reason to wait IMO, it will be at least 2 years before I would consider getting one to allow time for the initial issues to be solved, and it may be prohibitively expensive.

Comment

• tedwuji
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Deal
      I personally met Dr Wesley, he was a very kind and smart person, and very passionate about solving hair loss. I have nothing but the highest opinion of him. He gave me an entire presentation on pilofocus and where he was at. IMO there is no reason to expect hair regeneration above what other currently used methods can obtain. If pilofocus comes to market and works as intended, please note this is no small feat, I do think it will be the best method of HT available. Even saying this if you are considering a HT now there is absolutely no reason to wait IMO, it will be at least 2 years before I would consider getting one to allow time for the initial issues to be solved, and it may be prohibitively expensive.
      so a lot of hype by a lot of people that most likely will not benefit from it this half decade, or ever.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Swooping
        Could you elaborate a bit further into that? I am interested.
        I will when I have more time available. For now, go the the pilofocus article Dr. Wesley posted, and find where he made an additional post that linked an article about regeneration. The problem Cole and Mwamba have, is it's hard to get the acell to stay where it needs to be, because it leaks and therefore the regeneration isn't consistent. However, if you're putting it on the follicles in their environment, with just the bottom half removed, and nowhere for the acell to leak, the chance of consistent regeneration at a much higher percentage could be very great. We will have to wait and see what comes of his next trial, which will probably be a year from now still, but I'm optimistic. Clearly Spencer is too.

Comment

Working...