Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DepressedByHairLoss
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Follicle Island
    I'm not saying that blocking DHT doesn't work, but there's a lot more to hair loss than just DHT, therefore there's a lot of other ways to save our hair without affecting our hormones.

Amen to this. Especially since you and I suffer from finasteride side effects. Today's methods to regrow hair are very rudimentary and minimal. And the worst thing is that most professionals within the hair restoration industry are perfectly content with these treatments (and not innovating at all) because they are making ridiculous amounts of money with these limited treatments. It's sickening, frankly.

Comment

• Hairismylife
      • Jun 2012

Luckily we have off-market supplier so we can try ourselves once it's proved effective and safe.

Comment

• David7
        • May 2014

Great news! Well maybe 2015 will be the year , i realy hopse so ,can't wait to do all those new hairstyle's , until then i wanna wish you all a Merry Christmass and Happy New Year.

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Originally posted by David7
          Great news! Well maybe 2015 will be the year , i realy hopse so ,can't wait to do all those new hairstyle's , until then i wanna wish you all a Merry Christmass and Happy New Year.
          Uh, its actually BAD news considering the snail paced progress from biotechs and researchers. This is like getting excited over a turd gift on christmas.

Comment

• Gremlin142
            • May 2014

Rumors Joe and Spencer Heard?

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
            I can't wait for Bim as well, I hope the allergen buyout turns out to be because of this product and the rumors Joe and Spencer heard are true!
            I must have missed the show that these were discussed, could someone please fill me in?

Comment

• wilymon
              • May 2011

This story is a couple months old, but I just saw it and it blew me away: http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...eering-surgery

Yesterday, I was certain that a damaged spinal cord meant being paralyzed for life. Today, doctors have a potential treatment. It's hard to see the forest for the trees, but at times it really does feel like were in the middle of medical revolution. I have faith. It's possible and probable that we won't get a hair loss treatment in 2015, but it's certainly within sight. Each year brings us closer.

Comment

• Dimoxynil
                • Oct 2014

^^^^
                Unfortunately, lots of people treat advancements in medical science outside of hair loss with suspicion and resentment when it should be embraced. I don't think 2015 will be 'our' year but beyond that looks much brighter

Comment

• Sogeking
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dimoxynil
                  ^^^^
                  Unfortunately, lots of people treat advancements in medical science outside of hair loss with suspicion and resentment when it should be embraced. I don't think 2015 will be 'our' year but beyond that looks much brighter
                  There were posts in some forums from 2010 and before where people were questioning if cure will ever come, now we all know it will come its only a matter of time. Of course we want it as soon as possible.

Anyways I don't think we will see much in 2015, however 2016 should be the results year. The make it or break it year. If some of this treatments show good results then it is only the question of financing them for Phase 3 trials.

I hope we will hear good news we've waited for far too long.

Comment

• deuce
                    • May 2013

Originally posted by Gremlin142
                    I must have missed the show that these were discussed, could someone please fill me in?
                    While it’s great to see the mainstream media cover hair loss in a serious manner, much of what we see online, in print or on television can be misleading to those who don’t take the time to do their due diligence. The take away here is to understand the limitations of the mainstream media when...

Start around the 32 minute mark.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Sogeking
                      There were posts in some forums from 2010 and before where people were questioning if cure will ever come, now we all know it will come its only a matter of time. Of course we want it as soon as possible.
                      The problem is that the cure is long overdue. It's become an ongoing joke for the last 10 years.

Comment

• brocktherock
                        • Dec 2013

I always brushed off replicel but since sheseido came into the picture there is a lot of evidence that this is the big one. They put up all this money from just the pilot study which showed some with 19% improvement at 6 months. They are jumping right into phase two and conducting a separate phase two in japan just to get it out sooner. To me this says they have a potential cure or damn close to it. They are virtually in no danger of running out of funding and for once they have given us actual details of their strategy.

Comment

• Tenma
                          • Nov 2013

In late 2015 SM and CB will be finishing Ph. II. and if results are good both 'll be heading to the long lasting phase III. The only treatment with some chance to be on the market sooner than those two is Bim.

That's why i think 2016 will be the "make or break" year. By that time we should have enough info to know if we are going to grow some hair with the new treatments or if we 'll continue to be stuck with the current "maintenance only" options.

Also the trial in Taiwan using Jahoda 3d culturing method are scheduled to be completed in late 2016. Some exciting stuff, i think. Lets hope the taiwanese succeed to culture those damn dp cells. That very well could be the closest thing to a cure we'll see in the next few years...

Comment

• joachim
                            • May 2014

did the taiwanese trial even start?
                            is anybody of the forum members here from taiwan and able to get more information?
                            i have a gut feeling that the trial won't even be started...

Comment

• Hairismylife
                              • Jun 2012

I have a thought just ran through my mind. Bro science somtimes has its ground and seems promising but no one look into it deeper. Can we suggest the ideas to some Chinese scientists as they are easily motivated by potential big earnings unlike the Western ones who are content with their current income from current treatment.

Comment

• Tenma
                                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by joachim
                                did the taiwanese trial even start?
                                is anybody of the forum members here from taiwan and able to get more information?
                                i have a gut feeling that the trial won't even be started...

Comment

Working...