+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KJ1982 View Post
    Thank you, rdawg. Your reply's appreciated.

It's interesting to hear that Spencer seems to think that the trials are going well; I can see how, given his connections and reputation, he may have heard some inside information with regards to the trials.

Joe, on the other hand, I'm not so sure. Having said that, I can't say I know very much about him so I can't form a conclusive opinion with regards to his background...

Whatever the case may be, it's certainly interesting and an exciting time to think that, should things have been going well, we may have another treatment for MPB in the near future.

I've recently been considering beginning finasteride to combat my accelerating recession so the possibility that, should this prove successful as a treatment, I may not need it for long is certainly some comfort.

Perhaps I should hold fire until the trial results are heard before making a choice with regards to finasteride?

KJ.
    no I would get on fin or a DHT inhibitor ASAP, BIM is similar to minoxidil in that it is simply a growth stimulator but will not stop agressive loss

fin will stabalise your hairloss, they go hand in hand essentially, one stabalizes the loss, the other can give you growth(albeit minoxidil is extremely weak which is why Bim is a more exciting prospect!!)

i'm personally on dutasteride as fin was even too weak for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    no I would get on fin or a DHT inhibitor ASAP, BIM is similar to minoxidil in that it is simply a growth stimulator but will not stop agressive loss

fin will stabalise your hairloss, they go hand in hand essentially, one stabalizes the loss, the other can give you growth(albeit minoxidil is extremely weak which is why Bim is a more exciting prospect!!)

i'm personally on dutasteride as fin was even too weak for me.
    Again, thank you for the reply, rdawg.

I'll take what you've said into consideration, certainly. Along my hairline is where my most agressive loss is found. My crown is thinning but can easily be covered with Toppik fibres so that's not so much a concern. However, my hairline is thinning to the degree that Toppik is beginning to look chalky and failing to conceal the worst areas very well at all.

Thankfully, my hairline is still present in the form of very fine vellus hairs so I'm hoping that finasteride will save those miniaturised hairs and restore my hairline.

KJ.

Wasn't 2013 or 2014 the 'make or break year' too ? It seems this happens every year and it always ends the same way: Disappointing. We've been getting teased about a baldness cure since the early 2000's and yet fifteen years later and still nothing. Every potential product is either too weak or just doesn't end up working. I hope RepliCel and Histogen get their product out as Japan has lined them up for an early launch. This 'DHT inhibiting era' needs to come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Island View Post
    Wasn't 2013 or 2014 the 'make or break year' too ? It seems this happens every year and it always ends the same way: Disappointing. We've been getting teased about a baldness cure since the early 2000's and yet fifteen years later and still nothing. Every potential product is either too weak or just doesn't end up working. I hope RepliCel and Histogen get their product out as Japan has lined them up for an early launch. This 'DHT inhibiting era' needs to come to an end.
    I dont understand. If other factors besides DHT contribute to hairloss, then why ppl taking fin or other stuff that combat DHT can have maintenance or regrowth?

I'm not saying that blocking DHT doesn't work, but there's a lot more to hair loss than just DHT, therefore there's a lot of other ways to save our hair without affecting our hormones.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Island View Post
    I'm not saying that blocking DHT doesn't work, but there's a lot more to hair loss than just DHT, therefore there's a lot of other ways to save our hair without affecting our hormones.

Amen to this. Especially since you and I suffer from finasteride side effects. Today's methods to regrow hair are very rudimentary and minimal. And the worst thing is that most professionals within the hair restoration industry are perfectly content with these treatments (and not innovating at all) because they are making ridiculous amounts of money with these limited treatments. It's sickening, frankly.

Luckily we have off-market supplier so we can try ourselves once it's proved effective and safe.

Great news! Well maybe 2015 will be the year , i realy hopse so ,can't wait to do all those new hairstyle's , until then i wanna wish you all a Merry Christmass and Happy New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by David7 View Post
    Great news! Well maybe 2015 will be the year , i realy hopse so ,can't wait to do all those new hairstyle's , until then i wanna wish you all a Merry Christmass and Happy New Year.
    Uh, its actually BAD news considering the snail paced progress from biotechs and researchers. This is like getting excited over a turd gift on christmas.

Default Rumors Joe and Spencer Heard?

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I can't wait for Bim as well, I hope the allergen buyout turns out to be because of this product and the rumors Joe and Spencer heard are true!
    I must have missed the show that these were discussed, could someone please fill me in?