Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hairy
    • Jun 2011

Dr. Cole -- opinion on ARTAS?

Hello Dr. Cole, I think in the past you were not keen about the use of ARTAS during follicular unit extraction. Lately, I have seen some of the best known hair transplant surgeons purchasing ARTAS. It seems like a machine will be more consistent than a human during the extraction process and never make any errors due to fatigue, bad eyesight, shaky hands etc... Do you think human extraction is still better? Have you considered getting ARTAS to compare with human extraction?

Dr. Bernstein seems to think that ARTAS will soon be used for graft placement too. What do you think?
  • 35YrsAfter
    Doctor Representative
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by hairy
    Hello Dr. Cole, I think in the past you were not keen about the use of ARTAS during follicular unit extraction. Lately, I have seen some of the best known hair transplant surgeons purchasing ARTAS. It seems like a machine will be more consistent than a human during the extraction process and never make any errors due to fatigue, bad eyesight, shaky hands etc... Do you think human extraction is still better? Have you considered getting ARTAS to compare with human extraction?

Dr. Bernstein seems to think that ARTAS will soon be used for graft placement too. What do you think?
    Dr. Cole could best answer your questions of course. All I can say is, Dr. Cole's opinion of the Artas is more favorable than it was last year. The Artas technology continues to improve.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• gillenator
      • Dec 2008

The instrumentation in this dynamic field of HT surgery has and will continue to improve. Just think of how far this industry has evolved over the past two decades!

Whether its the manual method of FUE or the newer technology of robotics, it always comes down to the competence and expertise of the surgeon that produces the best results.
      "Gillenator"
      Independent Patient Advocate
      more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

Working...