+ Reply to Thread

Default Can someone with hypogonadism have mpb?

I have been balding since about 17 about a norwood 2.5 now at 21, shed a lot of hair, and strangely pubic hair (it's quite untidy so maybe I just notice it as it's long)! I am having my testosterone tested in jan as doctor said that if it is falling out, it can only really be testosterone. But how can I have mpb and hypogonadism? Surely you need testosterone indirectly to be able to bald? I already hVe results for lh and fsh which were 4.1 and 4.3 respectively, which according to her is spot on, so as far I can see from my own research if they are normal testosterone is likely to be so also, does anyone have a knowledge of this? For example someone with Klinefelter syndrome, could they bald? Cheers in advance

Hi there. I'm a little confused by your post. Have you been diagnosed with Hypogonadism? Why are you having your testosterone tested?

In theory, you could completely have your testicles cut off and still have MPB via androgens produced by your adrenal glands. Generally it isn't the levels of androgens that predisposes to hairloss, it's the hair follicles itself. Typically, however, lowering the androgen levels will reduce the impact of DHT on hair follicles (hence why propecia works).