Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rizaan
    • Dec 2014

Biochanin-A and Acetyl tetrapeptide – 3 as hair loss treatments

These two compounds are present in Kera XL hair growth serum.
    Biochanin-A inhibits both type 1 and type 2 5-alpha reductase enzymes, which are responsible for conversion of testosterone to DHT.
    Acetyl tetrapeptide-3 stimulates dermal papilla extracellular matrix proteins, and thus has a direct effect on hair follicle size and anchoring. It has been proven to be much more effective than minoxidil.

These sites have much more info on these two compounds -

IMCAS is dedicated to teaching of the highest quality at the interface of plastic surgery and dermatology. Our congresses take place four times a year in wonderful locations around the world.

The present invention concerns a cosmetic composition for activating hair follicle stem cells to stimulate hair growth comprising the synergistic association of a biologically active component that promotes the expression of marker proteins associated with the growth and proliferation of follicle stem cells and a biologically active component that stimulates the proliferation of the mesenchymal cells of the dermal papilla and a cosmetically acceptable carrier.

Remember to type in CTRL and F at the same time to view the word search bar, and then search for biochanin-A and Acetyl tetrapeptide-3( doing this will highlight the corresponding words on the page, making it easier to find info related to these two out of all the other studies on other compounds).
  • johnnyboots
    • Feb 2011

Wonder if Susan could make a topical with those compounds ?not a injectable and could it benefit us even though it's not being injected ?

Comment

• Rizaan
      • Dec 2014

Kera XL hair growth serum(contains these two compounds) is applied to the scalp, at the affected region, just like minoxidil, except it only has to be used once a day, and according to these studies, It's even more effective than minoxidil as it tackles the root of the hair loss problem - 5-alpha reductase enzymes , and I don't think It has side effects comparable to those caused by Finasteride. I use it myself everyday, and I haven't had any problems.

Comment

• Arjitsharma403
        • Oct 2015

Are you still using Kera XL.

Comment

• Rizaan
          • Dec 2014

No, I stopped after 1 month of use. It was hectic applying both minox and Kera XL every day and this stuff is more expensive, that too without much to back up its claims

Comment

• rabbani
            • May 2018

Do you know by chance the amino acid sequence of the acetyl tetrapeptide-3 that is used for prevention of hair loss?

Comment

Working...