+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Bimatoprost powder

I noticed a few suppliers on Alibaba selling bimatoprost powder but I'm obviously concerned about quality. Has there been any 3rd party testing by anyone in this forum? Is it even worth my time investigating this?

I've thought about trying to order bimatoprost from there. It would be a risk and it would definitely have to be tested, but If it did turn out to be pure you could have a kilo of bimatoprost for what you could spend on a couple of grams. I'm waiting on the results before I think about trying this though.

Would be great but the odds are high that it's garbage. I was going to order RU from Alibaba but pulled the plug on that. I'd like to wait on the results too before trying bimatoprost.

How does a civilian go about obtaining "results"? Is there a particular lab this forum likes to use? Is it unreasonably expensive?

Has anyone ever asked Kane about carrying BP powder?

Hi -spoke to Kane start of week via email.. he has BIM available via Western Union or Bank Transfer.

I havent seen any tests on his BIM before but he's been supplying us lot for years with several different compounds being randomly tested and reported as passed by users on here and HLH.

I feel purity of supply is there but there is more unknowns around % to use and potential sides (iris discoloration).

One user on AGA was using 0.3% (against the 0.03% OTC product) and believed he had results. I'm thinking 0.5% for 3 mths

Quote Originally Posted by charlie76761 View Post
    Hi -spoke to Kane start of week via email.. he has BIM available via Western Union or Bank Transfer.

I havent seen any tests on his BIM before but he's been supplying us lot for years with several different compounds being randomly tested and reported as passed by users on here and HLH.

I feel purity of supply is there but there is more unknowns around % to use and potential sides (iris discoloration).

One user on AGA was using 0.3% (against the 0.03% OTC product) and believed he had results. I'm thinking 0.5% for 3 mths
    Nice. So this is the actual powder? Not off-brand Latisse?

Contacted Kane. $880 per gram. Well there goes that plan :-)

Guys Bim is very expensive , lat is less expensive . I'm working on in it right now

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    Guys Bim is very expensive , lat is less expensive . I'm working on in it right now
    I'm intrigued by your comment! I was just reading this the other day: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12013211/

Such an old study. 12 years and it seems like it never went anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by wilymon View Post
    Contacted Kane. $880 per gram. Well there goes that plan :-)
    Depends on the concentration imo. 0.5% would be insanely expensive indeed: 5mg/ml - let's say you can get away with applying 1ml - then it would last you 200 days for $4.40 a day.

Lower concentrations are doable money wise I guess (for example 0.1%) but I don't really what concentration you would need to begin with. A big problem with working with these very small dosages is that you'll need to be VERY accurate in your mixing. For example, using 0.1% bim means you need 1mg / ml. You'll need a more accurate scale to measure things with compared to RU for example. Also, it occurs pretty often (to me at least) that there are a couple of mg wasted (left behind or something) when mixing RU. Maybe this is me being a lousy chemist, idk. It doesnt matter that much though. However, with BIM, those small particles left behind are going to add up rapidly and it will become very expensive.

In short, you'll need to up your mixing game and maybe purchase a very very accurate masuring scale (one that can measure x,xxxx grams at least. But these are just practical things that come to my mind when mixing your own BIM. Besides, let's first see wether we can drive the price down