+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default BIM & Iris Colour

Hi all,

Thinking about chucking in some Bim into my regime rather than adding Minox and getting stuck on that wagon

Read about BIM darkening iris as a side when some ppl use it directly in the eye (to treat glaucoma) or on the lashes (which is likely to end in direct application to eye ball given how much these liquid topical run)

But, has any one heard of topical to head leading to darkening of iris? Appreciate a small sample size? Or does anyone know of what % that get sides when using it for glaucoma or lengthening lashes?

Am thinking of 0.5% but will probably wait for BIM Phase II results to come out in Jan before deciding (hopefully will shed light on the eye issue)

Thanks!

Same as you, I've read that the iris color only is supposed to be true if it really gets into direct contact with your eyes....

But, it is hard to take that seriously. Topical Fin and Minoxidil is supposed to not go systematic and Ru is supposed to have less side effects, but I know from first hand experience that's not true (at least for me) haha.

However, I am excited about BIM and will probably hop on it regardless once the results are published.

If you are sure you want to try it, just apply it very carefully on your head, trying not to drop anything near your eyes. By the way, my dad uses bimatoprost or latanoprost (I dont remember) in one of his eyes, and I think they are still both green, I never heard anything about one of his eyes turning brown or darker...

But yes, I think it would be interesting to see what % of people could get darker eyes as a side effect.

I would like to use bimatoprost too soon.

Topical Fin has to go systematic in order for it to reduce your DHT. And whether you use bim, minoxidil, neogenic, or any other growth stimulant, you must use them forever to keep what you have gained. If replicel works then we will most likely be able to drop all growth stimulants.

Where are you getting .05% bim?

Quote Originally Posted by mikes23 View Post
    Topical Fin has to go systematic in order for it to reduce your DHT. And whether you use bim, minoxidil, neogenic, or any other growth stimulant, you must use them forever to keep what you have gained. If replicel works then we will most likely be able to drop all growth stimulants.

So mikes23, you make the statement "fin has to go systematic in order for it to reduce your DHT". I've seen other make this statement. However, how can you be so sure? Is not most (if not all) of the DHT that kills hair follicles converted from testosterone in the hair follicles themselves? Wouldn't thus dropping fin into the follicles from above potentially help reduce conversion of testosterone right there in the follicles?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie76761 View Post
    Hi all,

Thinking about chucking in some Bim into my regime rather than adding Minox and getting stuck on that wagon

Read about BIM darkening iris as a side when some ppl use it directly in the eye (to treat glaucoma) or on the lashes (which is likely to end in direct application to eye ball given how much these liquid topical run)

But, has any one heard of topical to head leading to darkening of iris? Appreciate a small sample size? Or does anyone know of what % that get sides when using it for glaucoma or lengthening lashes?

Am thinking of 0.5% but will probably wait for BIM Phase II results to come out in Jan before deciding (hopefully will shed light on the eye issue)

Thanks!
    I have read a few people using 0.03% solution on their hair with decent results(lets say 10% regrowth/improvement, it was somewhat noticable) but none of them had the iris problem.

Not sure where you get a 0.05% solution? you'd have to get a hold of the actual powder or something.

Hi FTL and Rdawg - kane has the powder... you need to email him as only sells RU via thekaneshop but will source the usual supsect you read about on here.

User on AGA got some from him and had positive results from it.

Think i'm going to roll the dice in the NY with adding OC and BIM to current regime of RU (20mg max) and Neogenic plus v small amount of fin via oral

I used the 0.03% For 3 months , Never saw Anything different .... Eye Pigment never changed I guess people could say I shoulda kept Ordering it and Using it .. But I figured I'm not going to keep Buying this stuff At 120$ for a box of 6 small bottles and Not get anything From it .. Right now the only "Cure" in my eyes is a FUT/FUE .. so Stopped buying products and figure I'm gonna go get one of these done

@salty topical Fin may be more effective. There were two small trials done by groups in swiss and Thailand. I believe they both showed better results. But I was just letting him know it will go systematic because fin is not meant to break down once it is absorbed like Ru. But you know all this, you been around here way longer then me ,well on hairlosshelp. If RU was easily sourced here in America alot more people would use it and they would hold there hair lines longer in life since it also blocks test from binding with the follicles.