+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 32 years old, from Germany, do I have diffuse alopecia or something else?

Hello community,

my Name is Tom-Sebastian Schulte and I am from Germany. So I hope that my english is good enough so that you can understand me.

I'm 32 years old and my hair has thinned a lot at the vertex so that I can see my scalp. I have attached 9 photos. These photos are 2-3 weeks old. The hair density at the back of my head is about 2-3 times bigger than on my vertex. And the hair density above my ears is also much bigger than on my vertex.

Is it a subtle process over years. That would explain why the drain in my shower is not full of hairs every day. And my combs are not full of hairs, too.

8 years ago my hair density was much bigger than now.

My dad has relatively full hair and he is 67 years old. And the relatives of my mother had full hair until they were very old.

My hair was always thin, but my hair density was always very good everywhere on the head.

I think that I don't have a receding hairline, my main problem is that the hair density at the vertex is so low.

I have read a lot about alopecia androgenetica and DPA and DUPA and Ludwig-Scheme and Hamilton-Norwood-Scheme.

But my hair loss is minimal. I loose 10-20 hairs per day, not more.

Has anyone an explanation for me? Do I have DPA or DUPA or Ludwig-Scheme or anything else?

Is it normal that I loose 10-20 hairs per day only, but the hair density on my vertex is low?

I would be glad if someone would reply to my questions.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Last edited by Winston; 12-30-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Hello community,

some minutes ago I started a thread in this forum.

I visited my coiffeur last month and the Coiffeur recommended a shampoo to me. It uses ethereous oils to improve the blood circulation of the scalp. It is a System of a shampoo, a conditioner and a leave-in-product.

Since then I only used the shampoo, because I don't want to use 3 products every time I get a shower and wash my hair.

Some days ago I looked on my scalp and I saw, that small hairs have grown at the upper part of the head. The hairs are 1 cm to 1 1/4 cm long. I think that the hairs must have grown since the end of october. The first treatment with the shampoo and the conditioner and the leave-in-product must already have helped to regrow my hair. Is that possible? I think that is strange.

I have 3 theories how it might have worked:
    1. Remains of silicone on my scalp were removed by the shampoo and the other 2 products. All roots of my hairs can "breathe" freely again and the hairs can grow again without interruption.

2. Improvement of the blood circulation of my scalp by the ethereous oils and by that strengthening of the roots of the hair and so new hairs can grow. Is that possible? For weeks, I am using only the shampoo any more.

3. The scalp was always reddened and irritated and now it's less itching at some parts of the scalp. And I don't have scurf on my head any more. And the coiffeur sad, the scalp is less reddened, so my hairs can grow again.

The problem with all 3 theories is:
    The back of the head, the neck and the lateral hairs on my scalp have always been washed with the same shampoo as the upper part of the head, but the hair density at the back of the head, the neck and the lateral hairs on my scalp is much better than the hair density on the upper part of my head. And the skin on the back of my head, the neck and the lateral hairs on my scalp was always full of scurfs and irritated. And the skin was itching at the back of the head, the neck and the lateral hairs on my scalp, too.

For years, I have been using shampoos (natural cosmetics and conventional cosmetics) with Silicone. So I think that remains of Silicone can't remain on the scalp for years?

Only the upper part of my head was always been thinning out, but I don't loose hair really. Perhaps 10-15 hairs per day.

What do you think about my theories?

Meanwhile, the scalp at the back of the head, the neck and the lateral hairs is white and not red any more. And I don't have scurfs any more. But the scalp is still itching everywhere. And the scalp on the upper part of the head is still reddened.

I hope that someone will answer my questions.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

If you have any questions, then feel free to ask.

Why does nobody answer?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Hi tomschulte:

The forum where you posted your photos requires a login. I don't have an account there. If you could repost here or take some new photos, that would be great.

Chuck

Can I attach photos here in the forum or do I need to upload my photos somewhere? If I have to upload them somewhere, which Website would be good?

http://www.haarforum.de/threads/2626...aare-ausfallen

It's a german forum. Hope you can click on the Pictures.

Juck click on the pictures.

Why does nobody answer?

Quote Originally Posted by tomschulte View Post
    Why does nobody answer?
    That's a really good question.

Can I attach photos here in the forum or do I need to upload my photos somewhere? If I have to upload them somewhere, which Website would be good?

You can attach photos here. Just click on Reply to Thread, then click the Go Advanced button. I believe you will have the option to add pics there.