+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I hear you 100%...but get this: I started balding at the age of 16, I am now 19 going on 20. I've already described the vast, incomprehensible emotional pain that engulfed me countless times, but to give you a brief understand I pondered suicide on numerous occasions when it began. Keep in mind I went to countless dermatologists in this horrible process.

When I tried to talk about the problem, people either tried to comfort me in an extremely superficial way, or tried to relate. If you're anything like me, you are in way too much agony to give a rats @$$ about anyone else's problems, or maybe even some other of your own problems.

So beyond what was posted above, i'm not going to give you the sympathy you don't care to have, nor am I going to echo your likely fear to just "get over it"

I'm going to tell you what I did and leave it at that. It would be helpful if you described your hair a bit more accurately ( norwood scale, when exactly it started, etc ) but here we go:

from 16 to 17 I began taking 1mg of finasteride and 5% minoxidil. I went through a "shedding" phase (just wait until you read about this, you'll have a panic attack) that lasted around 4 months at least. Around the 10th month mark of applying the drugs I noticed that the hair was starting to improve, starting to thicken. Never to the pre balding state, but to a state that looked exactly the same to the untrained eye, and the hair stopped falling out, and this was enough to give me a VERY brief period of peace of mind.

Because I had money to blow and felt like it had only slowed the inevitable, I had paid a pretty penny for a PRP procedure. ( It's not a surgery, i've had check ups that were more intense) it was around this time I had amped up my minoxidil prescription to 10% with 0.2 Finasteride PLUS the 1mg finsateride tablet I was taking. A year after of stagnation using these drugs I had finally hit a boom that seemed to peak for around 1 year itself, and for that year the hair became a non-issue and a simple manner of maintenance. Now, the effects seem to be wearing off and I believe I am thinning again. So, I have found a dermatologist who is open to the idea of prescribing Dutasteride, which is a stronger version of finasteride, the most effective in my treatment and in the opinion of many. I might also bump up my prescription to 12%. We'll see what happens.

Take care blondy.

The big 3 is partly B.S. Humans have a love for bundles of 3 of all kind. The biggest lie is keto, the study behind is laughable, it only proves the minox and keto mostly do nothing and fina works. Ke to is good to keep in check fungus and you should use it once a week for it. That's it. It' actually clear that using keto more than that is even harmful for your hair as the stuff is kinda strong. A lot of surgeons won't let you use it for 3 months after surgery because of that. Minox works for very few people and a lot of people get quite worse from it. Application is quite the hassle as well. Only thing working is fina, at a price. Doctors tell you if you have no side effects or can live with it you are fine but the truth is suppressing your DHT is upmost damaging for your body even if you don't see it. I understand that people use it as this is not understood by most doctors even less the patients. Few people know biochemistry that well. There are your choices of preventive measures. Cheers!

Sorry for the horrific grammar I was sleepy and didn't proofread lol

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    I hear you 100%...but get this: I started balding at the age of 16, I am now 19 going on 20. I've already described the vast, incomprehensible emotional pain that engulfed me countless times, but to give you a brief understand I pondered suicide on numerous occasions when it began. Keep in mind I went to countless dermatologists in this horrible process.

When I tried to talk about the problem, people either tried to comfort me in an extremely superficial way, or tried to relate. If you're anything like me, you are in way too much agony to give a rats @$$ about anyone else's problems, or maybe even some other of your own problems.

So beyond what was posted above, i'm not going to give you the sympathy you don't care to have, nor am I going to echo your likely fear to just "get over it"

I'm going to tell you what I did and leave it at that. It would be helpful if you described your hair a bit more accurately ( norwood scale, when exactly it started, etc ) but here we go:

from 16 to 17 I began taking 1mg of finasteride and 5% minoxidil. I went through a "shedding" phase (just wait until you read about this, you'll have a panic attack) that lasted around 4 months at least. Around the 10th month mark of applying the drugs I noticed that the hair was starting to improve, starting to thicken. Never to the pre balding state, but to a state that looked exactly the same to the untrained eye, and the hair stopped falling out, and this was enough to give me a VERY brief period of peace of mind.

Because I had money to blow and felt like it had only slowed the inevitable, I had paid a pretty penny for a PRP procedure. ( It's not a surgery, i've had check ups that were more intense) it was around this time I had amped up my minoxidil prescription to 10% with 0.2 Finasteride PLUS the 1mg finsateride tablet I was taking. A year after of stagnation using these drugs I had finally hit a boom that seemed to peak for around 1 year itself, and for that year the hair became a non-issue and a simple manner of maintenance. Now, the effects seem to be wearing off and I believe I am thinning again. So, I have found a dermatologist who is open to the idea of prescribing Dutasteride, which is a stronger version of finasteride, the most effective in my treatment and in the opinion of many. I might also bump up my prescription to 12%. We'll see what happens.

Take care blondy.
    Evolution, please see my comment (David M) to Fatherbalding17. Just thought I would share with you. Have a great day.

It's not small potatoes. If hair loss is a mere cosmetic problem, then someone who's had most of their face burned off, but who still has functioning ears, nose, mouth, and eyes also has a mere cosmetic problem.