Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Pboy101 View Post
    Yes, minoxidil does nothing to stop conversion of T-->DHT and without that I think you will eventually lose the hair loss battle unless your hair loss just progress really really slowly. So you know that hormones are the cause of hair loss and we have finasteride available to combat that, why would you not use finasteride and choose Kera XL instead? Finasteride and Dustasteride and the only widely known anti-androgen for hair loss and it's one of two FDA approved product for hair loss. I googled this Kera XL and I didn't find any kind of study or demonstration of effectiveness vs. hair loss. I'm always wary about things that are unproven and the science cannot be demonstrated because the results are usually snake oil results. If the big 3 doesn't work for you, then I would say you should venture as far as RU and CB which are being tested by some members of this forum as well as going through clinical trials and that should be the extent of it.
    I did find a site where it said Biochanin-A had been tested and it reduces the production of 5-AR, Kera Xl also has Acetly Tetrapeptide-3 which does something related to collagen, either provides it or produces it, can't remember( last night I read something about collagen on another forum by someone who had tested it on themself, don't remmeber exactly but I think it increases libido along with providing other hair benefits), it also has some other stuff that I haven't looked up yet.
    But here's something I found on a site posted by a doctor -
    "Kera-XL has been shown to be more effective than Minoxidil in some studies and has the advantage of once at night application as compared to twice a day for Minoxidil. Once treatment is started the hair fall should slow down in 3-6 months and you should see increased hair density in a year or so."
    This doctor had also recommened using Minoxidil in the morning and Kera XL before going to bed, and I'd been following that for a few weeks and seen results. I think I might start doing that again.
    I don't think I want to start using Propecia because of it's side effects, I know only a small percentage suffer from them, but I already use Ketoconazole, which has caused ED and low libido.