+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Make sure you inform him you've just added grafts to your scars. I wouldn't do laser until the growing phase is complete, which could be up to another year. As long as there is no discomfort in this region you should be seeing a good improvement in the coming months.

the doctor that I am going to specializes in getting people out of the HT cycle, even those with severe scars...

so I have talked several times to the doctors patient coordinator and he refuses to help answer any questions about the issue with the grafts in the crown. Apparently there was also no long term plan and now I am being told that there is no way that I can get full restoration which then makes me wonder why grafts where put into the crown and hair line if there is no long term plan and no way the full correction/restoration can be done. Bosley all over again...once something is not right they do not what to have anything to do with help anymore...I guess they got my money and that is all that matters.

USP678, what are your issues with the grafts in your crown? Is the growth less than optimal? You do realize there are plenty of other doctors out there who can help you, right?

if you see the base of the graft, as you also mentioned once before, they do not appear flat which does not look natural and has not changed since the picture was posted on this web site. I did not even ask for these grafts to be place there and especially the grafts in the hairline although the grafts in the hairline are 100% undetectable. I thought that if the doctor placed grafts that there would be a long term plan for future HT/correction, and even he has said this in videos and web site that this is always considered, but when I asked I get no response. In my opinion nothing as changed with this industry in more than 20 years: I guess that is why they call it an industry and not a medical field.

Yes, you are right there are other doctors but Dr Cole was suppose to be the best and it took me more the 20 years to trust someone...I was happy to move on with my life with the scars just the way there were but i was convinced by this clinic that my situation could be completely improved...not make it worse.

Default finally shaved

well I finally shaved my head and all the white dots that where supposed to be so small that no one would be able to see...well there very easy to see. Once again, after 20 years, I have been suckered into to this BS again...I cannot believe these parasites are not regulated by the government by forcing them to have Hospital privileges so that an independent individual would tell patience the short falls of this. I started have laser treatment and this is helping with the main scars that the FUE was supposed to help with - but have not started on the white dots yet...I will have this done as well. The bumps in the crown that I received from Cole are basically gone but my "REAL" doctor is hopefully that this will be even better when all laser procedures are completed - only had one procedure and will have my second of at least 5 to 9 procedures soon. Will post again with pictures after my third procedure so those that care can see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Our patient had three scalp reductions at one of the big chain hair transplant outfits. The scars are not noticeable until he tips his head down. Our patient does not feel that he was benefitted in any way from these scalp reduction surgeries. He is one of many of our patients who was told by other doctors that hair will not grow in scar tissue. I have personally never seen hair fail to grow in scar tissue to the degree of providing considerable cosmetic benefit, during the time I have worked at Dr. Cole's office.

An article on PubMed.gov (US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health) offers some grim predictions related to transplanted hair’s survival rate in scar tissue:

RESULTS:
    The follow-up cases over 6 months after operation were 18 among total 25 cases. The result after hair follicle transplantation was excellent (44.4%), good (38.9%), fair (11.1%), and poor (5.6%).
    CONCLUSIONS:
    The hair follicle transplantation on the scar tissue is more difficult than grafting on normal tissue because the scar is accompanied by poor blood circulation and stiffness of tissue. The patients with burned scar achieved more favorable result than did others. Incision scars are deeper than burned scars, and their success rates are poor. We should recommend the patients that hair follicle transplantation on the scar may need secondary or more operations for the aesthetically better result.”

Contrary to this report, according to my personal observations working here at Dr. Cole’s, we get excellent growth in incision scars. ACell, PRP, our graft storage solution plus multiple pass, low density placement, greatly improves the outcome in contrast to this PubMed.gov article.

Attachment 36653

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Interesting thread topic, because "previous scarring" is the specific excuse which was used by this same doctor to explain a total lack of graft survival in my case. But here you're saying that grafts can grow very well in scars.