+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    Shiseido has not released any details regarding their pending trial. I am hoping they enhance the protocol, but don't know. I have mentioned before that Shiseido has done prior research and had a patent regarding the use of DS cell culturing. Shiseido will also be presenting on March 20th, topic being "Use of human induced pluripotent stem cells for the generation of hair inductive dermal cells". Maybe they know how to culture DSC cells more effectively.

RepliCels delays are becoming annoying. Phase I/IIa results were poor. One of them need to start trials and see if they can improve or not so we can put this behind us. In the end if this even works, RepliCel is years away from USA/Europe. Therefore ideally Shiseido starts ASAP.

http://www.replicel.com/replicel-lif...stry-meetings/
    It will be interesting to see if Shiseido can find a way to retain inductivity when cultering DSC cells. I don't know if any of you recall but a very knowledgeable researcher, Dr Aaron Gardner, was posting on here for a time and while some of the research groups had been able to attain inductivity of DP cells of up to 60%, no one had been able to attain any inductivity for DSC cells......meaning the DSC cells lost all of their hair growing characteristics when cultered. Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...ighlight=pgd21. Not sure why this thread went silent.

I emailed Shiseido asking when they are starting their trial and when they plan to release the product and here's their response:

"Thanks for contacting us. Regarding your inquiry, we are planning to start commercializing the project that related to safe and effective hair regenerative medicine for those who suffer from alopecia and thinning hair, in 2018. That is all we're able to tell you about this project now. Thank you very much for your interest."

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I emailed Shiseido asking when they are starting their trial and when they plan to release the product and here's their response:

"Thanks for contacting us. Regarding your inquiry, we are planning to start commercializing the project that related to safe and effective hair regenerative medicine for those who suffer from alopecia and thinning hair, in 2018. That is all we're able to tell you about this project now. Thank you very much for your interest."
    2018…we must find something to 100% maintain our hair now because really think that Replicel can only bring back 1 norwood, given their poor phase1 result.

Well that's certainly a much more direct statement than we are used to getting. Seems to assume they feel it works at least to some measurable extent over what we have now as I don't see much in the way of qualifiers in that statement other than the word "planning". Not sure how they are that confident 3 years out but it beats telling us it is rock solid effective in mice!

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    Well that's certainly a much more direct statement than we are used to getting. Seems to assume they feel it works at least to some measurable extent over what we have now as I don't see much in the way of qualifiers in that statement other than the word "planning". Not sure how they are that confident 3 years out but it beats telling us it is rock solid effective in mice!
    I am pretty sure that they just stick to their statement they made in 2013 in a PDF, it said they want to bring it to market in a period of 5 years.

3 years... wow. in the hair loss world, thats actually soon given how incredibly poorly the past players like Aderans have done in regards to meeting deadlines AND making projections.