+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by inbrugge View Post
    With these laws, wasn't it possible to get a release DURING the phase 2 trials? I cannot wait till late 2016 or 17 at all, I'm already down to my last phases in diffuss thinning before My hair starts to looks completely transparent.

What would you guys suggest? Go for a FUE or wait on this thing and Histogen? I don't want to get a FUE (which can look unnatural) and then Replicell comes out but I squandered my chance to get my natural hairline back with a FUE. For example, hello, why haven't you considered a FUE?
    Similar reasons as you actually. I'm worried that implanting follicles to the recipient area (hairline and elsewhere) via hair transplant will compromise existing miniaturized follicles already there.

The question is: does a hair transplant destroy those follicles or not? Only way to find out is to take an indepth look at a man thats already undergone an HT and see whats left.... Dr. Cotsarelis should be able to do this as he's already confirmed that follicles never actually die, the cells remain but the follicles are quite small.

Thanks, hello. I'm losing patience each day as my hair gets thinner and thinner. I might just take the plunge on a FUE, but now there's a little new hype around stem cell injections and PRP's again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Have you tried Ru?
    Yeah, I did for a couple of weeks on low dosage. Got sexual sides down there, freaked out and quit. LOL

Then I was on Topical Fin, with much more moderate sides down there BUT with some gyno, so I had to quit that as well. Still waiting for the gyno to dissappear.

Quote Originally Posted by inbrugge View Post
    Thanks, hello. I'm losing patience each day as my hair gets thinner and thinner. I might just take the plunge on a FUE, but now there's a little new hype around stem cell injections and PRP's again.

Yeah, I did for a couple of weeks on low dosage. Got sexual sides down there, freaked out and quit. LOL

Then I was on Topical Fin, with much more moderate sides down there BUT with some gyno, so I had to quit that as well. Still waiting for the gyno to dissappear.
    You not lowered the finesteride dosage topical? I think you need a very very low dosage topical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    You not lowered the finesteride dosage topical? I think you need a very very low dosage topical.
    Bro I think I'm done with topical fin because it made my gyno worse. I'm now 3-4 weeks off it and the gyno still hasn't dissappeared (it gets better some days, then other days it gets worse again).

I hope it will go away completely since I was only on topical fin for 2-3 weeks. I ordered some RU, if my gyno goes away 100% I will try that. If not, then it will be a FUE or Replicell if it comes through in the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by noisette View Post
    Any news is great news of course but I am very disappointed with their timeline. They initially announced the phase 2 clinical trials would start in the first half of 2014. Then it became the second half of the year, and now we are looking at starting in 2015.

WTF!!! We have already lost 12 months out of 39 with these delays. That's 1/3 not to mention we don't even know if they'll start on time.

Get it together David Hall!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Any news is great news of course but I am very disappointed with their timeline. They initially announced the phase 2 clinical trials would start in the first half of 2014. Then it became the second half of the year, and now we are looking at starting in 2015.

WTF!!! We have already lost 12 months out of 39 with these delays. That's 1/3 not to mention we don't even know if they'll start on time.

Get it together David Hall!!
    And yet, when I make the same complains, everyone becomes an apologist and says 'just be patient!' or some other nonsense.

We will have to wait a long time. They keep delaying the trials and even once completed, they won't have the money to go to Phase III without a partner.

They state they are using a high/medium/low dosage, but if they are no higher than the Phase I/IIa dosage then don't expect much better results. They are also only testing two treatment frequencies. With exception to the two-treatment group to determine if results are compoundable, this seems like a waste of time/money.

Hopefully Shiseido can do a more thorough study and get this to market.

Looks like we are screwed for the foreseeable future. Maybe CB-03-01 and Bimatoprost by 2020 but those are just treatments. Histogen got raped by the lawsuit, so who knows. SM04554 is moving along and wasting no time without a peep, hopefully they have something. Either way the next five years of our life lost. Then considering it took 15 years for RepliCel to go from research to this point, it is going to be a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    Then considering it took 15 years for RepliCel to go from research to this point, it is going to be a long time.
    Which is what I really don't understand. They had the research/treatment method done 15 years ago... so what were they doing in the last 15 years? Why does this ALWAYS happen? Some new breakthrough comes out into the mainstream and the doctors/researchers got it figures out and then they say 'yeah, within 5 years!' but in reality its 15+ years? What the hell is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    We will have to wait a long time. They keep delaying the trials and even once completed, they won't have the money to go to Phase III without a partner.

They state they are using a high/medium/low dosage, but if they are no higher than the Phase I/IIa dosage then don't expect much better results. They are also only testing two treatment frequencies. With exception to the two-treatment group to determine if results are compoundable, this seems like a waste of time/money.

Hopefully Shiseido can do a more thorough study and get this to market.

Looks like we are screwed for the foreseeable future. Maybe CB-03-01 and Bimatoprost by 2020 but those are just treatments. Histogen got raped by the lawsuit, so who knows. SM04554 is moving along and wasting no time without a peep, hopefully they have something. Either way the next five years of our life lost. Then considering it took 15 years for RepliCel to go from research to this point, it is going to be a long time.
    I have to say I am kind of optimistic about Replicel though, in terms of product. So far we have only seen results at less than the 2 year timeline needed for a hair follicle to grow hair. Sheiseido's investment is a good sign, if it is true that they have been shown these results as Spencer suggested in a podcast a while ago I believe.

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean it is it, but we might have a positive surprise.

As to timelines, all we can do is hope the Japanese researchers can count on more resources to get to market with this thing if it turns out to be as good as I think it will be.