+ Reply to Thread

Default Progesterone success and dermaroller

Hey there! Any thoughts on this? I have picked up a bioidentical progesterone cream (not the synthetic wild yam etc.) and my hair looked thicker/stronger in a few days. However I did experience some of the issues described by long term users of Fin, which I am also on for several months now with no issues. So Progesterone cream is potent and seemed to be creating a slight moodiness, a hormone shift, no question, similar to what some long term Finesteride users describe. However, since I am pleased with the appearance of thicker hair, I intend to continue with Progesterone but to focus the cream by dermarolling scalp and then applying progesterone cream diluted with jojoba oil, rosemary oil. Any thought on this? Anyone else ever tried it? I am pleased with my early success but not the mood shift. Don't want to "soften up" just want a small amount at scalp and impressed with early success.

I use progesterone in the mixture lotion I buy for hairloss.

Does the difference in your hair show up in pics?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Hey there! Any thoughts on this? I have picked up a bioidentical progesterone cream (not the synthetic wild yam etc.) and my hair looked thicker/stronger in a few days. However I did experience some of the issues described by long term users of Fin, which I am also on for several months now with no issues. So Progesterone cream is potent and seemed to be creating a slight moodiness, a hormone shift, no question, similar to what some long term Finesteride users describe. However, since I am pleased with the appearance of thicker hair, I intend to continue with Progesterone but to focus the cream by dermarolling scalp and then applying progesterone cream diluted with jojoba oil, rosemary oil. Any thought on this? Anyone else ever tried it? I am pleased with my early success but not the mood shift. Don't want to "soften up" just want a small amount at scalp and impressed with early success.
    Interesting Sully. This is something that interests me and I'm not sure how many men with hair loss have actually tried derma rolling female hormones. You could benefit the entire hair loss community if you post pictures. Also if you're in the Atlanta area, we could do a HairCheck to track any improvement.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015 at 03:48 AM.

Default Progesterone blended with jojoba, rosemary oils and dermaroller

Okay! I'll try to take some progress photos, maybe I have something already but just starting out on this!
    Would be cool if it worked!

Progesterone is a female(pregnancy hormone), I'd be surprised if it works though. You claim your hair looked thicker/stronger in just a few days? That's impossible, the hair on your head is dead, no matter what you do, you won't ever be able to make it thick.
    If you meant 'the amount of hair on your head seemed to increase' in just a 'few days', that's highly unlikely too. But do take some pics for comparison after a month/s.