+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    If you are continuing to lose hair at the same rate, then that is a different story but that is where I would ask if you were using generic or name brand Proscar/Propecia. There is a difference.
    I was just curious what the difference between a legitimate U.S. generic , and brand name Propecia would be. Obviously there are questionable generic versions of every drug, but are you saying there is something special about Propecia that makes it work better than other legitimate finasteride?

Default I think I can make the decison relatively easy for you-Dr. Umar

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...Bisanga/page20

Take a look at the caphead post and you can also go to Dr. Umar's website and see the video.

Before my repair, I consulted many noted hair restoration Dr's. I even contacted the firm Joe, I believe, is with. I was told that they could do nothing for me.

I think you will see that the repairs I needed were because of the strip procedures.

Now my hair's repaired and restored by Dr. Umar. How nice to have it back again. I really can't thank Dr. Umar enough. He told me that I had little margin for error. Heed this warning and have Dr. Umar restore your hair the first time.

Regards, BBC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	right-rear-scarring-before-and current.jpg

Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	36857   Click image for larger version

Name:	scarring-before-and current.jpg

Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	36858  

Karlton,

I really don't know what the differences are from one generic to the next. However, not all generics are made with the same additional ingredients as the name brand, only the "active" ingredient. I know that if for example there are numerous patents on a medication the generic "equivalents" do not have to have the identical number of formerly patented ingredients to be labeled as equivalents. What is special about Propecia (and Proscar) is that they are the original of which all generics are measured against so the originals are the gold standard.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by caphead View Post
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...Bisanga/page20

Take a look at the caphead post and you can also go to Dr. Umar's website and see the video.

Before my repair, I consulted many noted hair restoration Dr's. I even contacted the firm Joe, I believe, is with. I was told that they could do nothing for me.

I think you will see that the repairs I needed were because of the strip procedures.

Now my hair's repaired and restored by Dr. Umar. How nice to have it back again. I really can't thank Dr. Umar enough. He told me that I had little margin for error. Heed this warning and have Dr. Umar restore your hair the first time.

Regards, BBC
    Which clinic was I at when you submitted? H&W or Rahal? Regardless, I'm glad for your repair but with all due respect your experience and needs are vastly different than that of the OP. He is looking at the differences between the two doctors mentioned and was told about the prospect of nape hair. I countered with the fact that nape hair is in many cases DHT sensitive. Dr. Umar does a lot of repair cases and there is no question that many are better off for it but your case and that of the OP are too different to compare.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Default I can only speak as to first hand experience and thus resulting expertise of Dr. Umar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    Which clinic was I at when you submitted? H&W or Rahal? Regardless, I'm glad for your repair but with all due respect your experience and needs are vastly different than that of the OP. He is looking at the differences between the two doctors mentioned and was told about the prospect of nape hair. I countered with the fact that nape hair is in many cases DHT sensitive. Dr. Umar does a lot of repair cases and there is no question that many are better off for it but your case and that of the OP are too different to compare.
    Hi Joe,

I sent photos to you while you were at H&W. I consulted many well known hair restoration Dr.'s regarding my desire for repair work. And I'm thankful for your forthright response that H&W could not help me.

With regard to the question at hand. I have no first hand knowledge of Dr. Bernstein. I can only speak as to Dr. Umar -the person that did the repair restoration on me. Again, if I had to do it all over again, I would not hesitate to use Dr. Umar at the outset. And if I had to do it all over again and FUE was available, I also would only and solely do FUE. In addition, the soon to be patient looks to have much work needed to be done if he wants a complete solution including crown. Donor of course, will be critical. The donor need could well be beyond the comfort zone of head only and/or Dr. Bernstein-again if the prospective patient wishes to have a complete solution. Someone thoroughly familiar with the use of and placement of all head, body, and beard hair could be most useful to establish most prudent use of precious graphs for the complete solution.

Thanks again for your prior help Joe-you are most thoughtful.

Regards, bbc ch