Propecia accelerating hairloss

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stressed
    • Jul 2014

Yes I have recovered completely from that shed. My hair does not shed at all anymore and I think I have not lost any hair from then till now. I dont think I have had any regrowth but fin is definately working well. I think that initial shed 2 years ago was normal.

Comment

• justsomeguy
      • May 2015

Originally posted by Stressed
      Yes I have recovered completely from that shed. My hair does not shed at all anymore and I think I have not lost any hair from then till now. I dont think I have had any regrowth but fin is definately working well. I think that initial shed 2 years ago was normal.
      Holy cow. thank you for answering. Your four sentence reply 2 years on gives so much hope to everybody going through the same initial shedding/thinning from fin. Why are you even still on this forum lol

edit: also, I know you said you didn't see any regrowth, but did your remaining hair thicken up at all?

Comment

• Sanchez123
        • Jun 2016

Thanks man for your reply! One last question. Since taking fin my existing hair that dont shed got really thin in diameter, less dark and miniturized. Is this something you experienced as well?

Comment

• Stressed
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by justsomeguy
          Holy cow. thank you for answering. Your four sentence reply 2 years on gives so much hope to everybody going through the same initial shedding/thinning from fin. Why are you even still on this forum lol

edit: also, I know you said you didn't see any regrowth, but did your remaining hair thicken up at all?
          I haven't been on since I stopped worrying about my hair. I honestly don't really think that my hair got thicker; although it may have but not significantly. All I know is that my hair loss has seemed to have stopped since then. I haven't gotten to using Minoxidil yet which probably has a greater chance of thickening up the thin areas.

Comment

• Stressed
            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Sanchez123
            Thanks man for your reply! One last question. Since taking fin my existing hair that dont shed got really thin in diameter, less dark and miniturized. Is this something you experienced as well?
            I used to often think that was happening to me during the first year on fin. I was always paranoid that it was actually causing hairloss. So if you think that your existing hair is thinning as a result of fin you are probably wrong. Those hairs could have just been in the process of thinning before you started fin.
            Stick it out for a year or two, try to stop thinking about it and over analyzing your hair as much as possible. Before you know it another year will pass and you will look at your hair and realize that it has actually worked really well.

Comment

• Sanchez123
              • Jun 2016

I used to often think that was happening to me during the first year on fin. I was always paranoid that it was actually causing hairloss. So if you think that your existing hair is thinning as a result of fin you are probably wrong. Those hairs could have just been in the process of thinning before you started fin.
              Stick it out for a year or two, try to stop thinking about it and over analyzing your hair as much as possible. Before you know it another year will pass and you will look at your hair and realize that it has actually worked really well.
              Thanks for the words! I hope you are right but the pictures proof i am more bald and have lost lots of density. I am def losing 200+ hairs again. But i have no other choice than be on propecia for at least 12 months before switching.

Comment

• justsomeguy
                • May 2015

Originally posted by Sanchez123
                Thanks for the words! I hope you are right but the pictures proof i am more bald and have lost lots of density. I am def losing 200+ hairs again. But i have no other choice than be on propecia for at least 12 months before switching.
                I feel ya man. My hair has gotten so thin on the front hairline I can literally count the individual strands of hair. It's definitely not in my head

Comment

• Sanchez123
                  • Jun 2016

Hi Stressed. I am back and am hoping you can respond again since you are one of few who help out after success.

Currenty i am still shedding like crazy. I can count my individual hair now en you can see my scalp all over my head. In must 7 months... i even switched to dut but it does nothing.

My question. Did you lose a lot of density in the 10 months shed?

Comment

Working...