+ Reply to Thread

Default Just had a hrrible thought

Excuse my depression, but Something has just slipped into my head, I was looking at the website for an SMP Clinic and saw in one of their forums a guy who said he was in his early fifties and had been depressed and close to suicide because of MPB for 30 odd years, Which got me thinking I was 23 when I first went onto Anti depressants because of hair loss im now 27 the last four years have been hell, im basically a hermit I rarely go out other than to work, im 9k in debt because of a failed transplant and I spend money each month on hair loss treatments that barely work.

I need to come up with something as their is no way im getting to that guys ages having been depressed for thirty years and potentially living another thirty years after that in a depressed state,

Its worse for me at the moment my girl left me because she couldn't take the depression anymore which I understand but at 27 NW6 with thinning in the donor and pretty much just a hair line that was transplanted I don't know where t go from here.

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    I need to come up with something as their is no way im getting to that guys ages having been depressed for thirty years and potentially living another thirty years after that in a depressed state.
    When your back is against the wall and decide to move forward in life you'll be at your best. I find that I can free my mind by doing challenges. Like training to swim 2 miles at the lake. Put 300 miles on my mountain bike this month. These are just things I do. Something I do now is set up a daily checklist. basically I'll try to do 3 positive things, 1 act of kindness, Meditation, and exercise. Soon as I THINK I did something nice or positive I check the box. I have this set up in my Google task list that syncs to my phone.

Have you tried to lower your dose of FIN? Some other things I listen to are motivational people like Brendon Buchard, Greg Plitt and AlphaM. Google them all. I'm not depressed about my thinning but I know it truely sucks to lose a lady and it's hard as hell to move forward in life. IMO depression is a vacation from reality. Yes it can be very real.

Best

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    When your back is against the wall and decide to move forward in life you'll be at your best. I find that I can free my mind by doing challenges. Like training to swim 2 miles at the lake. Put 300 miles on my mountain bike this month. These are just things I do. Something I do now is set up a daily checklist. basically I'll try to do 3 positive things, 1 act of kindness, Meditation, and exercise. Soon as I THINK I did something nice or positive I check the box. I have this set up in my Google task list that syncs to my phone.

Have you tried to lower your dose of FIN? Some other things I listen to are motivational people like Brendon Buchard, Greg Plitt and AlphaM. Google them all. I'm not depressed about my thinning but I know it truely sucks to lose a lady and it's hard as hell to move forward in life. IMO depression is a vacation from reality. Yes it can be very real.

Best

I'm sick and tired of shaving my head but man.. **** this. It sounds nice to hear you put your worries away and just shred the **** out of that mountain bike. I'm getting back into cardio and am just going to focus on becoming a good runner and attempt to smash some mile times.

Quote Originally Posted by joely View Post
    I need to come up with something as their is no way im getting to that guys ages having been depressed for thirty years and potentially living another thirty years after that in a depressed state.
    It's real easy to become that guy but at least you can see what your life will become unless you do change.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisSucksDude View Post
    I'm sick and tired of shaving my head but man.. **** this. It sounds nice to hear you put your worries away and just shred the **** out of that mountain bike. I'm getting back into cardio and am just going to focus on becoming a good runner and attempt to smash some mile times.
    Do it! Right now set a challenge. I'm talking about being p*ssed off about doing it. Lift like someone stole your shit and your going to get it back. I was out with a some guys on a ride and someone I didn't know said I had diesel legs. Out there with real people they don't care about your balding. present yourself well and f*** any one that doesn't like you. I'm 35, life is to short, I don't have time for B.S. people.