+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spencer Kobren

Default Spencer Kobren

I have recently been watching some YouTube clips and he mentions how he has been using finesteride for over 20 years. To my understanding the drug is still working for him? What dosage is he taking as I so would love to maintain 20 odd years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    I have recently been watching some YouTube clips and he mentions how he has been using finesteride for over 20 years. To my understanding the drug is still working for him? What dosage is he taking as I so would love to maintain 20 odd years.
    He takes 5mg once per week. He talk's about it on last week's show

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    He takes 5mg once per week. He talk's about it on last week's show
    Serious? I thought half life was 72 hours? Link please? Why not 1mg.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Serious? I thought half life was 72 hours? Link please? Why not 1mg.
    If you think about it it makes a lot of sense. It takes several weeks for DHT levels to elevate after stopping the drug, but it only takes hours for levels to be suppressed. Even if the drug has a half life of 72 hours that means it takes three days to eliminate half of the dosage of the drug from your body, which means it takes a few more days for it to be completely eliminated. So if he takes 5mg once as week, he still has 2.5 mg in his system after 3 days. It probably takes 3 or more days for the drug to be completely eliminated from the body, so it’s basically doing it’s job for the entire week.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...ufferers%C2%94

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi Jazz,,I would say that it is an individualistic choice to make.
    What you would NEED to do is to CONSULT with your doctor on what may be a good dosage for you.
    My GP doctor was very POSITIVE on the use of Finasteride. I had no idea that he has actually prescribed Finasteride to MANY of his male patients.
    None of them experienced any type of major sides from it (except for those who have a lower ejaculate)
    He said that ALL of his patients experiences a positive reaction to its use but of course those reactions do vary from person to person.
    For me he prescribed that I take 1mg per day.
    Ive been on it now for over 1 year and 6 months. My hair has definitely IMPROVED because of Fin'...The volume of my hair has really gotten better only using 1 mg per day.

Don't get me wrong guys I'm very happy as I use 1MG every other day and I use topical 0.1% Dr Klein lotion mixture every morning . I have maintained very well for past 4 years and regrown hair. I'm just thinking ahead in emergency after hearing the horror stories of finesteride not being effective anymore.

One of his latest FB posts was about:
    Sy Sperling - The Roots Of An Industry

Sy Sperling may be gone, but trust me when I say that his legacy will last forever. His deceptively simple, but brilliant Hair Club concept not only made him a part of the fabric of American culture, but turned the non-surgical hair replacement field into the multi-billion dollar industry that it is today.

Back in 1999, after The Bald Truth had been on the bookshelves for about a year and I was on WABC radio in New York, Sy Sperling contacted me. You see, in general I wasn’t being very kind to the industry…I was shining a very bight light on the dark corners of what is still a very shady place.

While others tried to intimidate me with empty threats of legal action etc., Sy called to congratulate me on my success. He said “Spencer, you remind me of myself at your age, you are a leader. If there is anything I can do to help you please don’t hesitate to ask.” Then he asked if he would be able to advertise his non-profit Hair Club For Kids on the program to both help support my work and to spread the word to those in need. Now I knew he didn’t need me to “spread” the word, but the guy was a mensch (look it up), and an incredibly savvy business person. He knew he would disarm me with his kind words and his willingness to support my message.

Sy and I lost touch over the years, but in 2015 he reached out to reconnect with me. We would spend hours on the phone, talking about this crazy industry, our lives, our accomplishments and our regrets (which were few). We were both born and raised in New York and our fathers were both tradesmen and as Sy used to say, “we both made our mark in this world and some people just don’t like that.” We had a lot in common and I had tremendous respect for the man.

I can honestly say that being quoted in Sy’s New York Times obituary is one of my greatest honors. Sy changed the world, and even if the world doesn’t fully understand just how profound that change was…I know. You did good Sy, rest In Peace my friend.