Threaded View

Default Illusion's Hair Loss Log

Hey guys! You might have already seen me around on this forum, as I've been posting a bit here and there. I never properly kept track of my hair loss though, so I thought it was time for me to start doing that. This log is not necessarily for keeping track of treatments but more for keeping track of my hair loss in general. I'm going to upload a lot of pictures, simply because I want to keep a detailed log. Of what use is a hair loss log without pictures? Furthermore I'm going to give an update from time to time about the treatments I'm using.

A little bit about myself: I am 17 years old at the moment and started noticing that I was balding when I was 16 years old. It might have been going on for longer though, I can't say for sure. Because my father got bald rather quickly and my older brother is balding already too, I got quite paranoid and decided it was time for me to start doing something against it. A few weeks after I turned 17, I started with 1mg finasteride (propecia) ED, prescribed by a dermatologist. I got some side effects from it though (gynecomastia and slight brain fog) and I quit fin.

After things turned to normal again, approx a few weeks later, I started with fin again, only this time with 0,25mg ED. Even this dosage gave me gynecomastia (no brain fog though) and lowering that dose even further isn't going to accomplish a lot in my opinion... So fin and dutasteride weren't an option anymore.

At the moment, I'm trying RU58841. I'm taking 2ml with 50mg RU from Kane (so a concentration of 2,5%) ED in a vehicle of ethanol 95% / propylene glycol in a ratio of 70/30. I started 2 days ago and I'm not really pleased yet as I'm experiencing some tenderness in my nipples, which I also had when taking fin. When I took fin, this rapidly became actual gyno so I'm hoping that this tenderness will go away in a few days... Also, my right nipple is a bit puffy and it seems like there is a very small lump under it.

So yeah, not ideal so far, but we'll see. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures I took earlier this week. Let's just take these as a base line as I don't really have good pics from back in the day. Maybe if I search a bit, I'll find a few.

The following pictures are taken under a pretty weird kind of light. It doesn't make my hair look better (like it does with no light directly shining onto it) but it also doesn't make my hair look worse (like normal light / sunlight does when it's shining directly onto your scalp). Only the last few pics are taken under that light.

My density is still decent, although it's not great for someone my age. I've always had a high hair line (born a NW2) so that's not necessarily something I'm worrying about at the moment, though there clearly is some recession to be seen. At the front (my hair line) there are some miniaturized hairs to be seen, which is also something I have to keep an eye on. My temples are also receding a bit but again, my temples always were pretty high compared to peers. However, it did get a bit worse since.

Also, if you look closely, it seems that my right side is a bit better than my left side (I'm talking about what's right and left for me, from your perspective the right side would be worse than my left side.

Anyway, If you have any questions or just want to say anything about the status of my hair, my regime or anything else, fire away.