Should I cancel my second FUE treatment?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motley
    • Dec 2014

Should I cancel my second FUE treatment?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here despite I read the entire forum a year ago before my first FUE. I've got 3500 grafts transplanted a year ago and was satisfied with result. 3500 grafts weren't enough to cover the entire bald area and my doctor suggested a second treatment after at least a year when my donor area will fully recover.

So I scheduled a new FUE treatment which has to happen in a week. But I week ago I noticed some evidences of shedding. When I apply Alpecin Liquid, I see hair on my hands. It's not transplanted hairs because the transplanted ones are longer. The falling hair are from the donor area (or one that would be a donor area). In addition, my scalp itches. The itching started a week ago at the same time as shedding.

I blame hard water in the bath because all my skin is irritated. Also I was ill (with fewer, may be it was flu) a month ago. May be all these are the reasons for the last week hair loss.

My question is should I proceed with the hair transplantation scheduled to 12/22/2014 wait until hair loss stops again? Hope I shouldn't as I already have the fly tickets and everything arranged.

Will appreciate any advice. Thanks.
  • Cold
    • Dec 2014

Did you end up going? I wish I had advice, but I would say talk to your doc. How'd the first treatment go anyway?

Comment

• motley
      • Dec 2014

My first treatment went well. It took approx 7-8 hours with a lunch break and I fell asleep the last hour or two

I'm better now. I didn't wash my hair the entire week to avoid contact with hard water. I doesn't itch anymore. I'm flying to Istanbul in a few hours for the second treatment scheduled for tomorrow morning. Wish me good luck

Comment

• JoeTillman
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by motley
        My first treatment went well. It took approx 7-8 hours with a lunch break and I fell asleep the last hour or two

I'm better now. I didn't wash my hair the entire week to avoid contact with hard water. I doesn't itch anymore. I'm flying to Istanbul in a few hours for the second treatment scheduled for tomorrow morning. Wish me good luck
        Consider finding a shampoo with Ketoconazole 2% to help reduce itching. You may also want to consult with a dermatologist to confirm it is indeed the water that is causing your itch. If not it could be indicative of another issue. You may also want to consider getting a good filter for your water system. Finally, be sure to inform your doctor about the issue before your procedure and document that you did. In fact, send an email to make sure they know ahead of time.

Good luck and safe journeys
        Joe Tillman
        The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
        See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

Working...