+ Reply to Thread

Default Recommend a UK surgeon/practice

I've been in the background for a long time doing my research and viewing peoples results. I am now at the point where I am ready to take the plunge and have a HT. I'm 28 and have been loosing my hair since I was 22 currently I am a NW2, Its not a decision like most I have taken lightly. I'm a bit obsessive with researching things before I do anything and this forum has been a massive help, Ive also bought a helpful guide from Spex.

I have been taking propecia for four months, and had one consultation in person as well as two online consultations.

I'm really looking for recommendations from people in the know for surgeons in the Uk. A friend has had a procedure with Dr Nikos from Vinci and his results look really good.

Any help would be appreciated.

Imo, I would wait 2 years. See if histogen or replicel does come out. If they do, they may be able to get your hair back without surgery. Also, this 2 year span, will give you time to see how propecia slows your hair loss.

A good doctor in the UK is dr feriduni. And Dr bisagna in Brussels probably is the best in the world.

As a NW2 I think that you should question whether going through surgery is worthwhile. Most people will tell you it is not. Being your age and only having been on Propecia for four months it is my opinion that you should not consider surgery at this time. You need to, at the very least, give the medication time to show whether it works for you or not. If you are not experiencing side effects by now you most likely will not in the future (just my opinion) but if you have surgery now (or soon) and Propecia winds up NOT slowing or stopping your hair loss you are effectively locking yourself into the need for more surgery in the future. No one should do that if they can avoid it. Give it a shot for at least a year before pulling the trigger.

In the meantime, have a look at Dr. Ball in the UK. Based on what limited work I've seen out of his practice he seems to be a potential up and comer.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Thank you both for your response.

To be honest based on the feed back that Ive had from a couple of consultations Im probably more toward a NW2.5/3. Ive been told I would need 2-300 FU to reconstruct my temples, hair line and beginning of my central core. I was thinking that I would have my hairline reconstructed as this is what has the biggest impact and then if I had to, follow up with further HT. I can see what your both saying though and it would be wiser to see how I respond to propecia.

Joe are you talking about Dr Ball from Zieirng in London, or are you referring to another surgeon?

Quote Originally Posted by D8n View Post
    Thank you both for your response.

To be honest based on the feed back that Ive had from a couple of consultations Im probably more toward a NW2.5/3. Ive been told I would need 2-300 FU to reconstruct my temples, hair line and beginning of my central core. I was thinking that I would have my hairline reconstructed as this is what has the biggest impact and then if I had to, follow up with further HT. I can see what your both saying though and it would be wiser to see how I respond to propecia.

Joe are you talking about Dr Ball from Zieirng in London, or are you referring to another surgeon?
    You can never screw up by waiting, you can screw up by not waiting. Yes, I was referring to Dr. Ball from Ziering Medical in London.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors