+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy 20, Chinese guy, worried.

Hi guys, sigh. Only twenty and here I am.

Had applied some wax and hair spray in this photo

been really frustrated by my peers' comments about me having less hair compared to my high school days from before. I have oily hair, sweat EXTREMELY easily, i don't know if those could be the contributing factors. My elder brothers seem to be having less hair loss issue compared to me, even my dad had only started losing hair drastically when he was 65 or so, he had a full head of hair before then.

each day I notice about probably 20 or so hairs falling out, mostly long, some short, scarily enough many of the strands were thinner than usual (usually from the top left or right side of my forehead, you get what I mean)

I've been really depressed and worried about this, combined with the stress from law school, urgh.

Where I live, Malaysia, there's the ongoing discussion and fears that instant noodles (widely consumed by us Asians) could be the contributing factor to us losing hair, but.. I somehow doubt it, been avoiding those kind of food since I started worrying, hasn't improved much or at all, even.

I do use hair clay/wax (Gatsby) to style my hair at times, coupled with hairsprays, but only 2~3 days a week at most.

Any advice would be deeply appreciated, and sorry for my bad English. :\ If you've any questions, do ask!

First off man, your English is better than some native speakers who write here so you don't need to apologize for it. I didn't see faults in it, nor is it difficult to understand.

Secondly - you have hairline recession much like me. The good and the bad mews being my hairline was much like yours by the age of 20z it hasn't really gotten much worse and I am 35 (almost) now. The rest of your head looks pretty thick so you're not in terrible shape.

As for how quickly it's gone from what you had before only you can say. You basically have medical treatments available to you in terms of hair loss control, with the possibility of regrowth, or somewhere in the future hair transplants.

I don't know what other advice to give you at this moment. Medications are going to be typically rogaine, finasteride, and ketacozonal shampoos (such as nizoral or regenepur).

Transplanting hairs? Is wait a little bit first to see just how bad your hair will get befor deciding on anything of that nature. 20 is going for it.

Thanks for reading!!

Your English is pretty damn good so don't worry about that. As far as your hair goes. I like it in the second picture. Looks pretty cool. What do you feel about getting on treatments? If you want to keep your hair you need to seriously consider hair loss treatments.

You still look good but there seems to be temple recession, I would get a MPB test which most likely to be the cause. The main treatments to save your hair:

1. finesteride
    2. Minoxidil
    3. Regenepure Dr and Nt, or ketoconozole shampoo.