Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shinobi
    • Oct 2014

another reason to add vitamin c to your topical

Although adipose-derived stem cells (ASCs) show promise for cell therapy, there is a tremendous need for developing ASC activators. In the present study, we investigated whether or not vitamin C increases the survival, proliferation, and hair-regenerative potential of ASCs. In addition, we tried to …

Although adipose-derived stem cells (ASCs) show promise for cell therapy, there is a tremendous need for developing ASC activators. In the present study, we investigated whether or not vitamin C increases the survival, proliferation, and hair-regenerative potential of ASCs. In addition, we tried to find the molecular mechanisms underlying the vitamin C-mediated stimulation of ASCs. Sodium-dependent vitamin C transporter 2 (SVCT2) is expressed in ASCs, and mediates uptake of vitamin C into ASCs. Vitamin C increased the survival and proliferation of ASCs in a dose-dependent manner. Vitamin C increased ERK1/2 phosphorylation, and inhibition of the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway attenuated the proliferation of ASCs. Microarray and quantitative polymerase chain reaction showed that vitamin C primarily upregulated expression of proliferation-related genes, including Fos, E2F2, Ier2, Mybl1, Cdc45, JunB, FosB, and Cdca5, whereas Fos knock-down using siRNA significantly decreased vitamin C-mediated ASC proliferation. In addition, vitamin C-treated ASCs accelerated the telogen-to-anagen transition in C3H/HeN mice, and conditioned medium from vitamin C-treated ASCs increased the hair length and the Ki67-positive matrix keratinocytes in hair organ culture. Vitamin C increased the mRNA expression of HGF, IGFBP6, VEGF, bFGF, and KGF, which may mediate hair growth promotion. In summary, vitamin C is transported via SVCT2, and increased ASC proliferation is mediated by the MAPK pathway. In addition, vitamin C preconditioning enhanced the hair growth promoting effect of ASCs. Because vitamin C is safe and effective, it could be used to increase the yield and regenerative potential of ASCs.
  • noisette
    • Jun 2013

And I read an another research, about vitamin B12, which demonstrates a hair growth pro-moting effect of vitamin B 12 in vitro. This effect is accompanied by the modulation of intracellular signal transduction molecules of the wnt-pathway and might promote hair growth after micrograft transplantation.

source : https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._Transcription

Comment

• Seuxin
      • Jan 2014

Which amount do you advice for vitamine C as topical for day ?

Comment

• lilpauly
        • Feb 2012

Also vitamin e

Comment

• Jazz1
          Inactive
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by lilpauly
          Also vitamin e
          Susan adds vitamin E if needed bro, I wonder if she can add vitamin C? I'm going to try on my next order to formulate glutathione, vitamin E and C seperate mixture.

I just emailed her to ask if she can formulate me the above mixture .

Comment

• lilpauly
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Jazz1
            Susan adds vitamin E if needed bro, I wonder if she can add vitamin C? I'm going to try on my next order to formulate glutathione, vitamin E and C seperate mixture.

I just emailed her to ask if she can formulate me the above mixture .
            jazz ask her about ghk !

Comment

• inbrugge
              • Oct 2013

What's a good dosage and method to include Vitamin C and E to regimen?

Is topical vitamins worth anything or will that not penetrate through the scalp? Will it be stable in a compound with Minoxidil and Tretinoin or not?

Comment

• lilpauly
                • Feb 2012

One of the best topicals for hair shed is aloe Vera gel. It's cheap

Comment

• robodoc
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by noisette
                  And I read an another research, about vitamin B12, which demonstrates a hair growth pro-moting effect of vitamin B 12 in vitro. This effect is accompanied by the modulation of intracellular signal transduction molecules of the wnt-pathway and might promote hair growth after micrograft transplantation.

source : https://www.researchgate.net/publica..._Transcription
                  And so does CAFFEINE aid hair growth...helps doubt anyone would notice the difference. Look, not being Debbie Downer, it is just not worth getting your hopes up with Vit C or B12 .When they find the real thing, you won't read about on these blogs but don't hesitate to enjoy the commentary here....that is what you get, commentary.

Comment

• k9gatton
                    • Oct 2016

Women do make antioxidants in their skin, such as Vitamin C.

There could be some truth in this, although probably not a lot, since estrogen protects and stimulates growth in hair follicles.

There was a show with real medical doctors, and there is a doctor that actually recommends pumpkin seed oil.

Comment

• Louish
                      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by lilpauly
                      jazz ask her about ghk !
                      Biotinyl GHK works! Not sure how but it does, that's the only topical I use.

Comment

• thechamp
                        • Jan 2011

Biotinyl GHK works!?

Originally posted by Louish
                        Biotinyl GHK works! Not sure how but it does, that's the only topical I use.
                        How do you know it works ? Where do you get it from ??

Comment

• mrclean
                          • Jan 2017

Here is a study. My wife is a expert at deciphering this stuff so Ill have her read it and see if its BS.

You can get it from this company:

Distributed by*BellaHut

Comment

• Louish
                            • Aug 2015

I began using it when I was shaving my hair with the 0 gauge so I could see improvements real fast. After like 10 days my hair shaft where larger and my hair darker. I don't use procapil I use a local brand from where I live. Basically it's a peptide of 3 amino acids with a biotin group attached to it. The mechanism of action is a bit unclear but it really does work for me.

Comment

Working...