Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thechamp
    • Jan 2011

'S-equol Topical made buy chemist thread

'S-equol Topical made buy chemist thread ,user jazz knows a chemist that can make 'S-equol topical
  • johnnyboots
    • Feb 2011

I'm in

Comment

• thechamp
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by johnnyboots
      I'm in
      Ok Kool I think jazz is contacting the chemist Susan I sent her a email just waiting back to hear from her !

Comment

• yayay
        • Sep 2014

I'm also in

Comment

• Justinian
          • Sep 2014

Is the pharmacist able to able to obtain s-eqoul powder from somewhere?

Comment

• Jazz1
            Inactive
            • Aug 2012

Im trying to find out, so far she emailed me stating only China has it in bulk, anyone know if it's available in bulk in the US.

Comment

• thechamp
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jazz1
              Im trying to find out, so far she emailed me stating only China has it in bulk, anyone know if it's available in bulk in the US.
              Would she be better of using natures sunshine tablets ?

Comment

• Jazz1
                Inactive
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by thechamp
                Would she be better of using natures sunshine tablets ?
                I suppose buy surely that would cost you guys more?

Comment

• thechamp
                  • Jan 2011

I suppose buy surely that would cost you guys more?
                  True one of the guys said I'm not 100 percent sure but the tablets are better quality than the powder you get from China !

Comment

• cthulhu2
                    • Jun 2014

True one of the guys said I'm not 100 percent sure but the tablets are better quality than the powder you get from China !
                    I'm down to try it as well. How hard is the science on topical though? any studies backing it up? It's been a few weeks since I've been on here

Comment

• Jazz1
                      Inactive
                      • Aug 2012

Let's see what she says.

Comment

• PinotQ
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by cthulhu2
                        I'm down to try it as well. How hard is the science on topical though? any studies backing it up? It's been a few weeks since I've been on here
                        Here's the post from another thread that started this:

For what it's worth, there is a very interesting research article I just came across from 2012. Here is the link to the abstract: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...87B557F.f03t03. But you have to buy (or rent for 48 hours) to view the full article. The research is on topically applied equol to human skin in vitro. When dissolved in DMSO at a concentration of 1.2% it apparently had a significant impact. (Note that equol dissolves at the same concentration in both DMSO and ethanol.)

Here are a couple of notable quotes:

"Notably, when equol was incubated with 5a-DHT at the same concentration, (10 nm), it completely reversed the cytotoxic influence of this natural potent androgen hormone......"

"The notion from previous results reproting that 5a-DHT has a negative impact on skin were confirmed in this study, as seen in experiment 4 , (Fig. 3), where human monolayer fibroblasts treated with 5a-DHT alone significantly decreased cell viability in experiment 4, whereas with the addition of equol to 5a-DHT treated cells, cell viability was restored to control levels. The results highlight equol's ability to interact with 5a-DHT and sequester it from the androgen receptor....."

This research suggests that equol may be effective at controlling hair loss,with dosage and method of application being the major issues. It also suggests that topical application at a concentration at or in excess of 1.2 %, as oppossed to oral application, may be optimal.

Comment

• PinotQ
                          • May 2010

Equol is available in bulk in the US from Caymen: https://www.caymanchem.com/app/templ...talog/10010173

It is also available here: http://www.enzolifesciences.com/ALX-385-032/r-s-equol/ (no specifici reference to bulk purchases)

Also here: http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/...g=en&region=US

Comment

• Jazz1
                            Inactive
                            • Aug 2012

I sent her the reply, she has asked in previous emails why not oral use?

Comment

• PinotQ
                              • May 2010

I sent her the reply, she has asked in previous emails why not oral use?
                              I exchanged emails with one of the main researchers (who appears on the patent and as an author of many of the major research papers) and I told him I was taking 144 mg per day. He said a likely more effective and efficient method is to apply it topically if my goal was to prevent hair loss.

Comment

Working...