+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    True one of the guys said I'm not 100 percent sure but the tablets are better quality than the powder you get from China !
    Let's see what she says.

Quote Originally Posted by cthulhu2 View Post
    I'm down to try it as well. How hard is the science on topical though? any studies backing it up? It's been a few weeks since I've been on here
    Here's the post from another thread that started this:

For what it's worth, there is a very interesting research article I just came across from 2012. Here is the link to the abstract: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...87B557F.f03t03. But you have to buy (or rent for 48 hours) to view the full article. The research is on topically applied equol to human skin in vitro. When dissolved in DMSO at a concentration of 1.2% it apparently had a significant impact. (Note that equol dissolves at the same concentration in both DMSO and ethanol.)

Here are a couple of notable quotes:

"Notably, when equol was incubated with 5a-DHT at the same concentration, (10 nm), it completely reversed the cytotoxic influence of this natural potent androgen hormone......"

"The notion from previous results reproting that 5a-DHT has a negative impact on skin were confirmed in this study, as seen in experiment 4 , (Fig. 3), where human monolayer fibroblasts treated with 5a-DHT alone significantly decreased cell viability in experiment 4, whereas with the addition of equol to 5a-DHT treated cells, cell viability was restored to control levels. The results highlight equol's ability to interact with 5a-DHT and sequester it from the androgen receptor....."

This research suggests that equol may be effective at controlling hair loss,with dosage and method of application being the major issues. It also suggests that topical application at a concentration at or in excess of 1.2 %, as oppossed to oral application, may be optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Im trying to find out, so far she emailed me stating only China has it in bulk, anyone know if it's available in bulk in the US.
    Equol is available in bulk in the US from Caymen: https://www.caymanchem.com/app/templ...talog/10010173

It is also available here: http://www.enzolifesciences.com/ALX-385-032/r-s-equol/ (no specifici reference to bulk purchases)

Also here: http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/...g=en&region=US

I sent her the reply, she has asked in previous emails why not oral use?

I sent her the reply, she has asked in previous emails why not oral use?
    I exchanged emails with one of the main researchers (who appears on the patent and as an author of many of the major research papers) and I told him I was taking 144 mg per day. He said a likely more effective and efficient method is to apply it topically if my goal was to prevent hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    I exchanged emails with one of the main researchers (who appears on the patent and as an author of many of the major research papers) and I told him I was taking 144 mg per day. He said a likely more effective and efficient method is to apply it topically if my goal was to prevent hair loss.
    Could she include baicilin in it too?

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    At what dosage topical?

At what dosage topical?
    He didn't say...........I know he has done preliminary research regarding hair but don't know how or if that is proceeding. But in the research article I posted that kicked this off, 1.2% in DMSO completely neutralized DHT. However, DMSO penetrates better than alcohol and we have no idea how much was applied in the study. They used 100 microliters in the less effective .3% surfactant blend (which sounds like an extremely small amount) but that really doesn't say much since we don't know how much surface area that was applied to.

im interested in buying.

I'm interested as well.