+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default S-Equol Topical lotion

Ok some people are asking me to ask Susan who has helped me and others when Dr Klein passed away, about a topical S-Equol lotion.

She can formulate anything and always willing to help, She stated her equipment can filter any fillers so I contacted her regarding a topical lotion for you guys.

If you guys who are interested want to start here with name/numbers than i can convince her to formulate this, more people interested would mean we could try negotiating better prices.

Copy paste names following this thread:
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...%28From-***%29

Names:

Awsome lets get this happening

Johnnyboots is in

Right than keeping it clean everyone interested put their names down, I might be in I need to read more on it .

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Right than keeping it clean everyone interested put their names down, I might be in I need to read more on it .
    We just need to work our dosage for a topical I'm
    Hopeing fo avoid sides from fin like weight gain!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Ok some people are asking me to ask Susan who has helped me and others when Dr Klein passed away, about a topical S-Equol lotion.

She can formulate anything and always willing to help, She stated her equipment can filter any fillers so I contacted her regarding a topical lotion for you guys.

If you guys who are interested want to start here with name/numbers than i can convince her to formulate this, more people interested would mean we could try negotiating better prices.

Copy paste names following this thread:
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...%28From-***%29

Names:
    Jazz1, In the interest of possibly sidestepping the need to use Nature's Sunshine and filter out all of the fillers, not to mention opening up thousands of capsules to do so, can you ask Susan to see if she can get a ballpark price on bulk equol to get a sense of how many people we need and what the price might be? I had approached 2 other companies about formulating a topical and they declined saying equol was too expensive......but that was only in a quantity enough for 1 person. The price of equol seems to vary based on the type. For example, Caymen sells 25 mg of S-Equol and R-Equol for $280 but +/- Equol (I assume this has both types) at $117 for 25 mg. And Enzo sells 25 mg (presumably +/- equol) for $138. When I asked Enzo for bulk pricing, they said they didn't sell to individuals. A topical would obviously never work at any of those price points. But I have to assume that at some quantity equol is inexpensive enough to formulate in a reasonably priced topical otherwise Nature's Sunshine couldn't put 6 mg in 1 capsule. It might also be beneficial to have Susan ask about the solubility of equol. On the Caymen s-equol datasheet it says s-equol is soluble at 15mg/ml (https://www.caymanchem.com/pdfs/10010173.pdf) while the +/- equol and the r-equol has a solubility of 10mg/ml (https://www.caymanchem.com/pdfs/13184.pdf & https://www.caymanchem.com/pdfs/10010172.pdf ) I don't see from the research article whether they used S,R or +/- equol in their trials. But my understanding is that S-Equol is preferable on the theory that while they both have a similar affinity for DHT, S-Equol has a much stronger affinity for the Estrogen B receptor as well a stronger anti-inflammatory benefit. I'll see if I can dig up some research on that.

Using the capsules to create a topical seems like it would be crazy expensive. Why not just use the active ingredient?

From one of the (I believe ungranted) patents: A product for topical application can comprise at least 0.1%, and up to 10%, by weight S-equol, or R-equol, or enantiomeric mixtures.

Assuming a 200 ml bottle. Assuming 5% racemic equol which seems to bind and be cheaper, can we calculate the cost of the bottle assuming this is the major cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Truthseek View Post
    From one of the (I believe ungranted) patents: A product for topical application can comprise at least 0.1%, and up to 10%, by weight S-equol, or R-equol, or enantiomeric mixtures.

Assuming a 200 ml bottle. Assuming 5% racemic equol which seems to bind and be cheaper, can we calculate the cost of the bottle assuming this is the major cost?
    I am making a mixture now at about a .6% concentration in 3 oz of ethyl alcohol. By my calculations it takes 540mg or 1.5 bottles of Nature's Sunshine to make a batch. I arrived at this concentration b/c the alcohol would not dissolve any more equol than that. In fact, when I put 540 capsules in 3 oz of alcohol, I end up with only 2 oz after filtering. I mix this with propylene glycol at 60% alcohol, 20 PG and 20% water (the minoxidil formula). So I figure the cost at about $48 of equol ($32 per bottle) plus PG. So if we buy bulk we may be able to cut that down.

Please count me in.